Royal jelly in brood cells

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an oil rig version of that but I won't repeat it on here.

In general most of the replies on here are very polite and as mentioned are free.

Seems a but cheeky to pop up and moan about the advice given to ANOTHER who is quite happy it seems with the service and advice given I mention AGAIN for FREE.

None of us are "clever dicks" just some of us have a reasonable amount of experience and expertise and are willing to share it.

If you are unhappy with that deal then there is a door. And as we said on the rig, "there's no barbed wire around the heli deck" aka if you are unhappy you can always quit.

Oliver is very good and deserves some respect for his knowledge and willingness. Not that he will get any no doubt.

PH

PH

Good point PH, it's a learning curve for newbies not only to care for the bees, but also to appreciate the need to put the max amount of info into the question to get the best response, but for the more timid out there, sharp responses can be very intimidating, resulting in not asking again, which can only be a bad thing. But I agree, respect to experience always. You guys are the teachers, with us the distant pupils. Dave.

Good point PH, it's a learning curve for newbies not only to care for the bees, but also to appreciate the need to put the max amount of info into the question to get the best response, but for the more timid out there, sharp responses can be very intimidating, resulting in not asking again, which can only be a bad thing. But I agree, respect to experience always. You guys are the teachers, with us the distant pupils. Dave.

I agree to an extent: the very essence of this forum is that it is user friendly.I don't personally go along with the argument that just because one is experienced that this is a license for being excessively forthright or dismissive.

Whilst respecting the wisdom and knowledge of many on this forum, I recoil occasionally at the sharpness of some of the replies and do fear that those without a thick epidermis will not bother posting again.

A result like that is hardly in the best interests of this forum nor for our hobby.

I never intend "sharp" but some say I am abrupt.

Which is the better situation? I say nothing when I may be able to assist? I want to assist as I am paying off the debt I owe to Bernard and to Hamish Robertson who said to me in my turn "Pete I am paying off the debt I owe to my mentors by giving you my time. " And with luck some of you will remember this and give in your turn.

Or I waste hours in floral writing 99% of which is a waste of time.

Is it not better to just say, look that is wrong, try this.

I lead a busy life, I work hours that if I told you you frankly would not believe, and in between I jump on here and post. I keep it short as I just don't have the time to waste.

PH

All,

As the original poster, I fully understand the line taken by RAB. Re-reading my post, it is a bit vague. I know the colony's history and it was me that was looking at the cells so I know what they looked like. I didn't convey any of that information.

Will try harder next time ;)

I'll let you all know at the end of the week when I take another peek.

My thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum - it is the best :hurray:

Last edited:
I agree to an extent: the very essence of this forum is that it is user friendly.I don't personally go along with the argument that just because one is experienced that this is a license for being excessively forthright or dismissive.

Whilst respecting the wisdom and knowledge of many on this forum, I recoil occasionally at the sharpness of some of the replies and do fear that those without a thick epidermis will not bother posting again.

A result like that is hardly in the best interests of this forum nor for our hobby.

:iagree:

Final comment - I wasn't being disrespectful to an experienced beekeeper but I feel some experienced beekeepers are being disrespectful to learners, which discourages newbies, but maybe that is what you want! Respect is a two way process and if you are going to take the trouble to respond - which I certainly appreciate - why not be polite? No one is asking for flowery language but some comments are plain rude AND WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO TELL ME TO GET OFF THE FORUM JUST BECAUSE I EXPECT COMMON COURTESY?

Today is a new day Kevi; I hear what you say, please let us all move on as the sun will be up in a few hours with new problems and new requests for answers.

I respectfully suggest that our time would be better spent assisting than raking over the coals on what appears so be a number of threads. You are aware of the personalities now and it's your choice to be associated or otherwise, with an established community that welcomes newbies, but doesn't expect to experience a sea change as a result.

Sun up in less than five hours. No reply is required, busy days ahead. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back