Reduced course

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donks87l

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Has anyone here ever tried this course? Facebook is throwing at me all the time, I wondered of there os any good information in it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220101-130154_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220101-130154_Facebook.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 45
its an online course, so looks no different from reading a instruction manual. Might be OK, but depends on authors and there is no information on this. Personally I'd look for a local association and enrol on their course. You will make more contacts and learn more with the interaction, even if over zoom

Has anyone here ever tried this course? Facebook is throwing at me all the time, I wondered of there os any good information in it
save your £19.00 and buy a bottle of gin - way more worthwhile. Than these cowboy learning peddlers

Yh I think your all right, I tend not to trust anything on Facebook.
I got to self isolate at the moment so thought I'd try and get into learning bee keeping instead of keep putting it off

I got to self isolate at the moment so thought I'd try and get into learning bee keeping instead of keep putting it off
invest in a couple of decent beekeeping books, Haynes manual, Clive deBruyn, Hooper

I asked questions. I was answered initially with rubbish and when I asked for a proper answer I was ignored/blocked.

save your £19.00 and buy a bottle of gin - way more worthwhile. Than these cowboy learning peddlers
Imagine how you'd feel if you had paid full price?😨 I've not seen any adverts for high priced one day courses since covid started so perhaps, finally, there's an upside to it?

where about are you? I'm sure forum members can recommend a local group. My local association is offering a winter new keepers course on zoom this year due to current situation

Hooper is one of the best but lacks photos and is too dense for a beginner; a better starter is the Haynes Bee Manual, which is photo-led and very engaging.

Here it is, £14.79 delivered (only two copies left).
Hooper is about the best I think and edited another book with Roger Morse "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Beekeeping" ISBN 0-525-24243-0 with more than 500 illustrations if you really want pictures. Was $35 but about £60 now if you can find a decent one that hasn't had the coloured plates removed.

Thanks, I have bought the haynes manual aswell the The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Beekeeping is a bit expensive

where about are you? I'm sure forum members can recommend a local group. My local association is offering a winter new keepers course on zoom this year due to current situation
I'm from Cambridge in the UK, I think once iv read a bit more I will find someone local

I'm from Cambridge in the UK, I think once iv read a bit more I will find someone local
Cambridgeshire beekeepers assc run their 6 week evening course now and huntingdonshire beekeepers run a beginners course in April over three days incl practical in their apiary. I would check out their websites and contact them. Both associations help you with local bees in your first year.

Latest posts

Back