RCOM King Suro Egg Automatic incubator

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David. Cae Glas

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I am thinking about buyiny this incubator and while its far from bee related, I wonder if anyone has any experience of this model.
From PandT Poultry website its seems quite straight forward to use.
Thanks in advance.:cheers2:

look for barely used r-coms on ebay.

they do have some foibles (eg failure of water heating elements in the rcom20s) but easily replaced under warranty or parts available on ebay.

My wife has had one for a couple of years.
Good little machines..

We test all kinds of incubators and the brinsea octagons ar some of the best. In spite of all the technology i find the r com less reliable.
The most economical, reliable incubator is the corti. Buy them from the incubator shop, they are always good to haggle if the price isnt already the lowest you can find (they are usually the best prices around anyway). We use 2 big cortis as backup for our big incubator and find the hatchrate is as good as our commercial one. A corti should cost just over half the amount you will pay for an r com so you can afford an electric hen instead of a heat lamp (dont get a brinsea electric hen as it wont keep the chicks warm enough, go for the interhatch one, I think its called chick tech)

Once you get your machine pm me and I will help you with how to get the best results.

Dont try hatching yet though because we are still getting night frosts so cockerels will be firing blanks some of the time. Dont buy eggs on ebay this time of year as they are likely to be clear

Just in case you wondered, chicken breeding is what I do for a living, or at least a substantial part of what I do

Last edited:
Thans for the comments, will look at the Corti, price seems to be on a par. Can not find chick tec omn internet yet but will keep looking.
The tip re the Cockerals misfiring at this time of year has saved me soon money as I have been checking out e bay a lot.:nature-smiley-016:

My friend breeds ugly chickens bare necks or something like that. they got no feathers around the neck area lol

Latest posts

Back