Quiz what's going on with the frames.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like they got a bit stressed and gorged?
Yes, I reckon. It was cool and early in the morning when I moved them...only 5 degrees, but I made a mistake leaving the hive mat on under the travel screen. I should have had the top of the frames completely free for heated air to escape more freely.

To stop any wild guessing it is always pertinent I find to provide all info to help that what may lead up to the question in turn.

On another forum I frequent some one was concerned about a smoking lithium battery and asked reasons for why and is it normal. The answer simply was no, It took several more posts of prompting them to what may have occurred to give proper advice.
Eventually the fool said he and his bike both fell in to a canal, originally omitting the most important factor.

It doesn't help anyone in whatever sphere of asking what happened when vital info may be missing and why some folks don't bother to answer.

Solution to post 24.

Attachments

• IMG_20210608_112955913.jpg
    IMG_20210608_112955913.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 53
To me she is not far from the same place but covered by other bees, her thorax is viewable is one looks carefully.

Last edited:
I got there in the end.

I could do with loads of photos like this to practice on. As I've said I'm rubbish at spotting the queen.

James
Darker queens are harder for me to spot. The brighter yellow ones are much easier...for me.
Spotting the queen can be difficult with a strong bursting colony as the bees are often several layers deep. Don't even try with this example.;)

Attachments

• IMG_20201207_113955748_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201207_113955748_HDR.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back