Queenless Colony

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m sorry, I’ve had a sense of humour bypass recently. I’m told it can be reversed by introducing a queen successfully!
🤦🏼‍♂️
All QC’s removed successfully.
Latest on the Queenless colony.
New Queen arrived this morning and is in the process of being accepted.
Leave her now for two weeks right?

Leave her now for two weeks right?
Have you taken the tab off for the bees to get at the candy? if not, break it off in 24 hours then quickly look in a couple of days later to make sure she is out of the cage - if she is, give them peace for a couple of weeks.

Have you taken the tab off for the bees to get at the candy? if not, break it off in 24 hours then quickly look in a couple of days later to make sure she is out of the cage - if she is, give them peace for a couple of weeks.
Yes, tab off and situated over the test frame of capped brood.

Just a quick update on the Queenless colony.
So it’s nearly been two weeks since introducing the new queen.
I have just removed the supers with honey from my two colonies. Should I leave them alone until the weekend before checking and adding Apiguard treatment.

Just to keep you posted (and to thank you again). New queen is thriving, she has laid three frames of brood already. Plenty of stores, room and now Apiguard. I’ll place a couple of gallons of syrup on the over the weekend.
Thank you for your support.

Latest posts

Back