Queen Wasp trap

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
A large queen wasp flew into my kitchen today. Captured it in a jam jar and released it 3 miles away from my home hives. I have one apiary which suffered heavily with wasps last year, so I plan to put a wasp trap out. What’s the best bait to use? Thinking of orange juice & vinegar. Def don’t like killing them but stopping the queens now will reduce attacks later in the year .

A large queen wasp flew into my kitchen today. Captured it in a jam jar and released it 3 miles away from my home hives. I have one apiary which suffered heavily with wasps last year, so I plan to put a wasp trap out. What’s the best bait to use? Thinking of orange juice & vinegar. Def don’t like killing them but stopping the queens now will reduce attacks later in the year .
Have had some success with raspberry jam + vinegar or coca cola

Are you sure it was a wasp and not a hornet?

The highest alcohol cider you can find is an amazing bait! Honestly

One of many!

The highest alcohol cider you can find is an amazing bait! Honestly
Hi Enrico, I’ve got some sink scouring, toe curling, tongue twisting mead, fit only for my septic tank. Would that be good as wasp bait? Would it attract bees as well do you think?

I threw another lot away too, given up with mead!. I think it is the apple smell that helps so not sure if mead would work!

Latest posts

Back