Quality Control slipping at Solway?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some very iffy frames and brood boxes from these people. See an earlier thread.

I have always had very good service and goods from Solway Bee Supplies.
My communication has been on the telephone and have been able to discuss my requirements and then received my goods in good order.

Sometimes communication just by email may not always be the best method.

I have always had very good service and goods from Solway Bee Supplies.
My communication has been on the telephone and have been able to discuss my requirements and then received my goods in good order.

Sometimes communication just by email may not always be the best method.

Although it is a lot easier to email sometimes, it has to be accepted that email is not 100% reliable as a communication service*

If they received the email and didn't respond, then I agree it's bad customer service.

There is ofc a chance that the email never arrived or accidentally got put in a spam folder.

A phone call is 100% reliable communication as, as long as the phone is answered, they cannot ignore your complaint.

I recently made a phone call to an energy supplier as I switched providers almost 6 months ago and still had not received my final bill / refund of the money in credit on my account. The very nice / apologetic gentleman sorted the whole situation in 15mins and credited a 'good will; amount to my account as an apology.
This after sending 3-4 emails during the 6 months and getting only replies that made excuses and nothing happening!

*From a course I did in Information Technology and Network transport streams

Solway were decent sorting out issues after I posted a thread here, the problem was the quaity of their kit not communication.

I bought some commercial supers from Solway Bee Supplies and they were very poor quality workmanship. I sent them back. I wouldn't buy from them again.

Latest posts

Back