Protecting british pollinators

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was interested until the cheapest ticket was £99. Not heard of the organisation running it before.

10 world's leading crop plants do not need insect pollination. Look from google.
The statistic to look for if you are going down that road is global calorific value by crop.

10 world's leading crop plants do not need insect pollination. Look from google.
Yes, wheat, sugar, etc. All the 'staples' which are over-consumed in the Western diet leading to the poor state of health of most of our population.

Numbers of diabetes cases are skyrocketing in developed, and developing, countries (with insulin resistance being one of the principal causes of our major killers).

Don't need bees to pollinate potatoes so we're guaranteed chips in a future bee-free world. And chicken is grain-fed so that's the nuggets and burgers sorted.

Palm oil is pollinated by weevils which are increasingly specially raised for the purpose (to give the introduced weevils a helping hand). No bees needed there.

Apparently these are the kinds of foods we want in the west.

Another doughnut anyone? 🙄

Yes, wheat, sugar, etc. All the 'staples' which are over-consumed in the Western diet leading to the poor state of health of most of our population.

Numbers of diabetes cases are skyrocketing in developed, and developing, countries (with insulin resistance being one of the principal causes of our major killers).

I suspect the increasingly sedentary lifestyles are a major part of this, not just the food.

Speaking to a Malaysian colleague the other day, apparently back home, large regions are being cleared to grow jackfruit because that's the latest thing the West is after... We in the West are the problem.

I doubt this event will accomplish much other than generating income for the company running it and making a few suited types feel like/think they've done something for the planet.

Yes, wheat, sugar, etc.
Numbers of diabetes cases are skyrocketing in developed, and

Apparently these are the kinds of foods we want in the west.

Another doughnut anyone? 🙄

You could first look the plant list from google, before you start your strange lesson.

We want in west? Other world does need food?

And the Little, you could read the list of countries, which have most diabetes. China, India... And do they have medical care.

Last edited:
The thread title is Protecting British Pollinators.
The intro started "Globally...."

And I am sure, that food to British people and animals come from the whole world.

If we have a list from ," the most important food of the world" , do we have a list of "the most important food of Britain"

If we have a list from ," the most important food of the world" , do we have a list of "the most important food of Britain"
Yes, apparently it's chicken tikka masala and/or burger & chips.

Followed by a Krispy Kreme donut. Because you can never have too much sugar and palm oil.

Most important crop plants in Britain.
That is very different from global most important plants.... maize, rice, green banana, soya....

What I say is, that Britain imports a huge amount of food and forage to animal.

it is fault to believe that if pollinators die, people starve.

BRITAIN
Screenshot_20220216-125329_Chrome.jpg

Yes, apparently it's chicken tikka masala and/or burger & chips.

Followed by a Krispy Kreme donut. Because you can never have too much sugar and palm oil.

That palm oil... the palm produces oil 12 months a year, but OSR produces 2 months.

By the way, I have 3 different medicines against my diabetes 2. It takes a lot money too from me. The best medicine is Ozempic. It dropped the sugar level to accepted values.
I had no idea, how bad disease Diabetes can be.

Last edited:
By the way, I have 3 different medicines against my diabetes 2. It takes a lot money too from me. The best medicine is Ozempic. It dropped the sugar level to accepted values.
I had no idea, how bad disease Diabetes can be.

I'm glad your medications keep your diabetes under control, genuinely.

Diabetes is the scourge of modern society and it's only in more recent years that the establishment is coming to accept the research that elevated insulin levels are a major factor in Alzheimer's, heart disease, hypertension, etc. etc. Not just the blindness and limb loss that people have accepted to date.

The cost in monetary terms of medication, however, would probably be better spent on moving over to a 'non-Western' diet. Or more to the point, a low carb, non-processed food diet.

For years we've been told that diabetes is inevitably progressive. Now we know that it's completely reversible. It's just making that change.

Although luckily for the people who grow hemp in their basement, they don't need a cellar full of bees 😲
Not just basements. One of my steps who is a police officer said a farm was found in an empty building right next to her police station

Not just basements. One of my steps who is a police officer said a farm was found in an empty building right next to her police station
Around here we have had farms in the old vacant victorian Lloyd's bank building, also in the old derelict Workingmen's hall, and we once came across an open air cannabis farm hidden in the middle of twenty acres of gorse (that was near Cwmdu hippie reserve)

Latest posts

Back