Propolis and what to use it for

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpearce4

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
a few more than last year but still not enough
hiya

i have an amount of propolis that i have just scraped of 3 broodboxes which i had to change due to damage.

i have read in a book that beekeepers used to just put small amounts in thier mouth as an antibactrial agent, good for bad breath and cleaning teeth it said. is this advisable to do with it fresh off the hive or should i prepare it before use.

what are other uses of it as my bees seem to like producing it so i think i will end up with quite alot.

If you know anyone who makes violins, I believe it has ben used in violin varnish.

Cheers, Tom

yea the famous person used it in the varnish. stradovarious i think his name was. i think it has been used in the past for oil paintings to.

i was thinking more along the lines of using it internally. heard its good for the heart and all sorts and as i have a dodgey one it would be great to use something that will pospone my op and stuff.

BTW great surname u have lol

> i was thinking more along the lines of using it internally. heard its good for the > heart and all sorts and as i have a dodgey one it would be great to use
> something that will pospone my op and stuff.

Hope that you find something that will help!

Outside my field I'm afraid, but I believe that it is said to have antiseptic and antibiotic properties. Wikip***ia has a longer list of uses under "Propolis"

Had the surname for 62 years now - glad to meet another :)

Best wishes,

Tom

im a baby compared to u i have had my surname for just 43years. love it all the same wouldnt change it lol

where is nairn scotland?

im a baby compared to u i have had my surname for just 43years. love it all the same wouldnt change it lol

where is nairn scotland?
Outside Inverness, Scotland

wow far north im near brighton down south lol

Latest posts

Back