Problem with a supplier

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest update.As of 1715hrs no parcel has arrived.I have been given no tracking number and can't get hold of Chris.About to give up as we are back to France tomorrow evening.

Latest update.As of 1715hrs no parcel has arrived.I have been given no tracking number and can't get hold of Chris.About to give up as we are back to France tomorrow evening.

Check the lorries on the ferry as one of them may have it :)

Bonjour Claude!

Chris was the auctioneer at Yalding Bee Fayre - the auction was a bit of shambles with no mention that many of the lots were his own...

R2

Thanks Oliver, had an email from Chris and he has no idea where stuff is.I think I need to find a new supplier and he needs to find a new delivery company

Missing Parcels

I sent both parcels off on the 24th via UK Mail courier, as both customer know. The parcels whilst in the custody of the courier went missing and were not delivered on the 25th as normal. I was not able to contact the courier over the weekend but did so immediately on Monday morning.
The parcels were eventually found and I was notified at about 10 at night by email. I then sent emails to both customers informing them to expect delivery the next day.
The parcels duly arrived but at the wrong addresses. ( the parcels had the original consignment numbers and labels showing date of collection, which the customers new).
I was told and contacted the company asking for the goods to be collected and delivered to the correct addresses.
This was done (one of the parties was out so his was delayed) and the goods were returned to the hub depot. ( for delivery the next day).
I was not informed by the company, and no new consignment numbers were notified to me so I cannot track the parcels.
I have been in contact with UK Mail who are trying to sort out what went wrong and put things right.
The customers know this and have emailed me that " it seems as big a problem to me as it does them".
They are right but as this is the first time UK mail has let me down and the system has not worked its a new experience for me as well.

In respect to the auction, when you go to an auction nobody is informed who has put in items for sale, as it makes no difference to the purchaser or the sale proceedure.
We were sorry that the auction was delayed but some items (not mine) had been incorrectly lot numbered and that had to be put right before the auction commenced.

I will update you with the result of the parcel mixup when its sorted.

Final update.My parcel arrived on Fri 1st, 6 hrs before we were due to return to France.I managed to collect the bits,get them to the bees and catch the ferry.If I buy from Chris again I'll go and collect.I accept he had delivery problems outside of his control,but my complaint is lack of information.Even if no news is available a call back would have helped.Need to change my profile as I now have 4 Hives!!!

Several of the parcel companies are struggling, they couldn't get all the Bank H' parcels out, then had a short week afterwards which made it doubly bad, I too have experienced issues with parcel co's taking nearly 2 weeks to get a delivery done recently, with all sorts of cxxp excuses. facts are that Yodel never got over the merger between DHL & HDN, interlink always drop me cause I'm too far off their route. I don't think you had bad service from the supplier, they are suffering like others to get anyone to do a half decent delivery, moral is to try and buy local - easier said than done I know!

Hi John,I accept that the supplier had problems outside his control,but some feedback would have been useful.I must have rung 10 times,each time leaving a message and my number,but not one call back.

In respect to the auction, when you go to an auction nobody is informed who has put in items for sale, as it makes no difference to the purchaser or the sale proceedure.
We were sorry that the auction was delayed but some items (not mine) had been incorrectly lot numbered and that had to be put right before the auction commenced.
You'll forgive me for disagreeing with you Chris - as an Auctioneer you have the ultimate power to control who bids and by how much. I just think it would have been more transparent if you'd mentioned which lots were yours.
With regards the numbering it was a bit of a shambles - at one stage I thought I was bidding on 4 National Hives (all labelled as Lot 14 if I recall rightly) but then it turned out that each hive in Lot 14 was a separate lot. How confusing was that?!?!
Still next year's event will be even better.

R2

Back