Poole dorset asian hornet found

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bakerbee

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
5 commercials no more😭
Confirmed live capture of asian hornet found on outward ferry from poole to cherbourg. All associations have been asked to put out traps and be vigilent in poole area of dorset.

Confirmed live capture of asian hornet found on outward ferry from poole to cherbourg. All associations have been asked to put out traps and be vigilent in poole area of dorset.

Clearly fed up with the second referendum nonsense going on over here and decided to go back to France?

It could have come from Cherbourg first?
It was a male by all accounts

It may have been live but was very quickly dead

Attachments

• 38894704_1278545138948297_2276479181099368448_n.jpg
    38894704_1278545138948297_2276479181099368448_n.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 66
So was it inbound or outbound???? Or was it doing the honey cokey and turned around.....you sure it's dead and not dizzy������

I can only go on the infomation sent by my local association. They state outbound. But who knows, that ferry is going back and forth twice a day. All i know is its very close to my apiary.

Clearly fed up with the second referendum nonsense going on over here and decided to go back to France?

More likely saw how nationalist the country has become and decided to go home! Might be the only positive point Brexit could bring, can just imagine the ‘looney inbred right wingers’ saying “there told you it’s not all doom”
S

I can only go on the infomation sent by my local association. They state outbound. But who knows, that ferry is going back and forth twice a day. All i know is its very close to my apiary.

A post from the assassin

Attachments

• BBF0AE3D-AD50-43E0-988A-A12124191E15.jpg
    BBF0AE3D-AD50-43E0-988A-A12124191E15.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 74
So im correct it was outbound cheers. Sorry jenkins your source is incorrect.

Quite likely.
What’s the betting it will have French DNA

It's what the NBU reckon, the reason they've kept it quiet so long is to stop mad speculation - and dad's army laying waste to the crabro population.

Latest posts

Back