Pondering pricing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
I have some timber hives that I seem to have acquired. I intend selling them off, and to make them more attractive I am thinking of putting in a nuc and sell them at supering point.

So I will be offering non cedar floor, brood box, CB and roof.

I am selling some nucs at £150 so what would be reasonable for the hive plus bees? £225?

PH

It sounds like a good deal for the buyer , it’s still cheaper than one of the major suppliers who asking more than that for a nuc .
That said , if the timber work is unwanted ( guessing it is) then nice to give someone a bargain.

Yes the timber is unwanted and tbh not in prime condition but not crap either.

£250 sounds good to me if I can get it of course...LOL

PH

£250 for a 14 x 12 used Pains Polly nuc with a swarm of GNW last season.... some in Kelliwick were desperate to get bees!!!

### not me I do not sell swarms!!

Is it cheaper up in your neck of the woods? I see Admin has some for Sale too.

Me? I don't really know as there have been no adverts in the SBA magazine for some years now for bees.

PH

Now take that pricing question to poly...I have a few Paynes hives complete with Buckfast F1 queens that I need to move on as down sizing.
I suspect they will come complete with 2 brood boxes, 3 supers and a decent Paynes miller type feeder.
When I'm sure what the queen and colony status is I'll be taking and paying for an advertisement in the bees for sale section of this forum.

Latest posts

Back