Polystyrene Hives - from £43.05 plus VAT

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes finman but persuading our dear Government that this is so in quite another matter as they love killing infected stock. Witness Foot and Mouth. There was an error factor in that little episode of a good 20%.

What chance bees when they exterminated pedigree herds for no good reason at all.

PH

Last edited:
Nearly as bad as the error factor for TB testing.

A herd of rare breed Traditional Hereford cattle kept alongside mine had a beast test positive for TB using the standard skin test last April. A follow up test showed 68 further 'reactors'.

All of the cattle that tested positive were taken away and slaughtered immediately.

Upon further inspection and autopsy of the carcases by an Animal Health vet only the first beast that tested positive was found to have evidence of TB - that animal had been bought in a few months earlier. All of the rest were 'false positives'.

It happens every day within the cattle business and costs the tax payer hundreds of millions in compensation each year. Not to mention that the herd was reduced in size by 65%.

Yes finman but persuading our dear Government tha this is so in quite another matter as they love killing infected stock. Witness Foot and Mouth. There was an error factor in that little episode of a good 20%.

What chance bees when they exterminated pedigree herds for no good reason at all.

PH

poly hives

I've been using these hives for two seasons now alongside cedar nationals, the poly hives overwinter with much larger colonies & come through stronger & build up quicker in spring than my nationals, I shall be buying more poly's this winter.
Neber seen them for less than £67 so far-where do you get them for this price?

Can someone advise me the website please.
I can't see these prices on the MB website.

This was posted back last year so prices have changed since.

this fella sells poly national nucs for 50euros if thats any use folks,i have bought ordinary wooden hive parts off him before and they are great and fit together very well.
Darren

To all that have sent me a pm about these hives. The original thread is 2 years old they were available at these prices at that time. I doubt it very much if they are still at the same price.

Sorry Veg (although I didn't pm you)
Reading only the last post syndrome.

Latest posts

Back