Polyhive quality question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at the link again. The boxe look nothing like the Paradise Honey polys.

'Sound-alike' name, I reckon. I am always very careful where sound-alike names are involved.

RAB

As far as I am aware Paradise Honey sell two types of Langstroth Poly hives, their own design of lipped boxes with plastic inserts and a Langstroth poly hive with flat contact edges.
The flat edged boxes should be compatible with Swienty and American Beemax poly boxes as well as wood Langstroth boxes. The lipped edge box may be compatible with nothing other than Paradise Honeys lipped edge box.

Neither here nor there if you intend purchasing just a few hives, but in my humble opinion buying in to the lipped edge box designe would be a poor investment choice if purchasing a large number hives.

They are new and old model and they cannot be used together.
Last summer I bought thre "old model" becase I allready have them.
I bought 20 y old Nacca boxes with half price.

The difference between nacca and paradise box is that paradice has better insulation. It has unigue thick wall where is only hand groove.

I do not know about patents which are connected to polyhives and to their special details. Some versions are over 30 years old. Is it so that those patents are free.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back