pollen substitute patties recipe

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you collect pollen from your own hives, you may give 10 fold amount soya+yeast protein.
So I am going to do.

relation 10 part pollen + 6 part dry yeast + 3 soya

1:1 soya : yeast becomes easily hard.

Last edited:
I am looking for an substitute pollen patties recipe. I never tried it before and want to test it out on one of my apairys,that is in a main ceral crop area, where early forage is scarce, and the farmer has put in early oil seed rape and i wanted to try and give the bees a boost into brood rearing so that thery would be ready for it, and also on a few of my nucs, to see what difference it makes. I have searched the forum, but cant seem to come up with one.

I have used this recipe, The bees seem to like it.

http://www.scottishbeekeepers.org.uk/Portals/0/Documents/TDS number 9 pollen substitute.pdf

50% out of skimmed milk is lactose and bees cannot digest lactose.

I not not know what it makes in practice, but it is widely used.

50% out of skimmed milk is lactose and bees cannot digest lactose.

I not not know what it makes in practice, but it is widely used.

I remember hearing a talk by Margaret Thomas, (a very informed beekeeping lecturer in uk and Ireland) on this subject a good few years ago, she maintained that there is no substitute for pollen, and anything fed as such has no nutritional value to larvae and emerging young bees.
A bit like sex with a condom, if it does it for you fine! but nothing like the real McCoy

I remember hearing a talk by Margaret Thomas, (a very informed beekeeping lecturer in uk and Ireland) on this subject a good few years ago, she maintained that there is no substitute for pollen, and anything fed as such has no nutritional value to larvae and emerging young bees.
A bit like sex with a condom, if it does it for you fine! but nothing like the real McCoy

I remember hearing too...I have told this....

There was a young worker in a farmhouse and a wasp stung to his p nis.
What now? - A friend told that wash it in sour milk cup. It helps.

When a guy was making the job, a dairy maid stepped in and looked with round eyes

- haven't you see this before. Why you are so surprised?
- Yes, I have seen, but I did not know, how it is loaded

I remember hearing too...I have told this....

There was a young worker in a farmhouse and a wasp stung to his p nis.
What now? - A friend told that wash it in sour milk cup. It helps.

When a guy was making the job, a dairy maid stepped in and looked with round eyes

- haven't you see this before. Why you are so surprised?
- Yes, I have seen, but I did not know, how it is loaded

:laughing-smiley-014

Latest posts

Back