Please help save my *#¥@!.......

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try a blow torch and then claim on the fire bit of your insurance!

Tried the first para more than once.

Should've gone to Gdansk like the great man has said...... at least twice :smilielol5::smilielol5:

And whilst there have a little draft of Polski Spiritus - it'll blow the lid off yer box but at least you'll stop caring!!! :smilielol5::smilielol5:

Joking apart, I'd try using a little light virgin olive oil to start but make sure you haven't used any water. Try on a small area first. If it starts to shift, then work up a bit at a time. Then you can use a proprietary car cleaner to remove the oil residues. If the virgin olive oil doesn't work on it's own add a little alcohol (again dehydrated so it'll probably need to be meths).

Best of luck!

Methanol will get rid of it and not damage the paintwork as it evaporates so fast, works in the bath!!!!

Cool it down with an ice pack.
Then should scrape off with your thumb nail, especially if it was properly waxed before you gummed it all up!

If none of the above work put your head between your legs and kiss your ass good bye:angelsad2:

Personally I would use a clay bar kit, they are designed for car paintwork (unlike bleach and baking soda) and are specially formulated for removing sticky stuff like tree sap and tar so I am sure it will take off propolis. I'm a car enthusiast and wouldn't let anyone know my vehicle with kitchen cleaning products!

Tar and Glue remover from a motor factors/valeting supplies place or probably some far more expensive branded alternative at Halfords or the like.

Do not start putting alcohol or white spirit on your paintwork unless you want to risk a big cloudy mark. Modern water based paint is not as hard as 2K lacquer - and even that will react sometimes.

Best advice on the thread is test whatever you propose to use somewhere else first - though bear in mind under the bonnet as suggested mey well be bare pain with no lacquer. On a Defender a good place to test is the battery box lid - under the passenger seat squab.

N

Hello again from Albania.

Thank you all for the very useful advice.

I have been informed by telegram that the bleach worked a treat.

See you next season!

Welcome back to the land of the living.:cheers2:

Try a good car polish first (Autoglym) and if that does not move it Autoglym produce an "Active Insect Remover" or the tar remover.
As stated above if you use anything that is primarily not designed for car cleaning try it under the bonnet first, just in case.
Cheers, Andy

Putting your head between your legs and kissing your 1111111 goodbuy and as they say the rest is history or get her a suite and gloves Oh and a mat for the bonnett

Latest posts

Back