Plant identification thread

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have dug ours up completely three times. But no! It is still there! By the way, totally off topic why is the bar at the top of my posts greyed out so I can't use any of the things on it?
Click on the little cog on the right side of the bar which should be orange at the time od your description. .

Thought I’d have one thread for all the plant ID requests

View attachment 32466

Can I start off with this one?
Leaves are about 2.5 feet tall. No signs of a flower yet. Just popped up in the garden
My iPhone identified it too.
Grrr I just paid £20 odd for a plant ID app and find my phone does it free!

Thought I’d have one thread for all the plant ID requests

View attachment 32466

Can I start off with this one?
Leaves are about 2.5 feet tall. No signs of a flower yet. Just popped up in the garden
It's a yellow daisy-like flower... Also of leaf to flower tho...I take off the bottom leaves.

Any idea what this is. I have three that have appeared this year, two in pots that should be growing other stuff. Very tall, with square stems.
I hope the photos will be good enough for I D
We had one grow up last year and it attracted lots of caterpillar, so valuable for something.
BC11B26E-3078-4137-8DC3-B19987C6B765.jpegF315BC5E-D8E7-4193-99F1-98DCE0F68224.jpeg811C2FFB-F282-4A3D-AB83-AA187C97B293.jpeg

Any idea what this is. I have three that have appeared this year, two in pots that should be growing other stuff. Very tall, with square stems.
I hope the photos will be good enough for I D
We had one grow up last year and it attracted lots of caterpillar, so valuable for something.
View attachment 32509View attachment 32510View attachment 32511
I think it’s Scrophularia auriculata or Brook betony. Do you have a brook or stream in your garden?

I think it’s Scrophularia auriculata or Brook betony. Do you have a brook or stream in your garden?
Yes, indeed I do.👍 I’ll look that up now thanks.

Looks like you’re spot on. Also called Water Figwort and it’s good for pollinators. I’ll plant them out tomorrow in a nice boggy spot. Thank you.

Looks like you’re spot on. Also called Water Figwort and it’s good for pollinators. I’ll plant them out tomorrow in a nice boggy spot. Thank you.
Thank you! I’ve seen it once before on some water meadows near my parents house. A striking plant

My Seek app identified it along the side of the Wey and Arun Canal last week. The square stem is a giveaway.

I had one of these. It is a prolific "self seeder".

This year I had tens of seedlings popping up out of the pebbled driveway alongside where it had grown.

Not a plant, probably a fungus? Does anybody know what this is growing in my apiary please?

Attachments

• FC769DFD-49FF-4227-8284-12B27B8D1973.jpeg
    FC769DFD-49FF-4227-8284-12B27B8D1973.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back