Plant Identification Please?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HM Honey

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Can anyone identify the following plant for me please? the main bush/shrub was covered in bees.

Last edited:
Looks like some kind of Hebe to me. Only a guess though.

Thanks alldigging....That's definitely the one. There must have been literally 100-200 bees on it...(bumbles and honeys) so its obviously popular with them.

A lot of Hebe's are. Just bought one for my back garden after the neighbours died off over the cold winter we had a couple of years back!

A lot of Hebe's are. Just bought one for my back garden after the neighbours died off over the cold winter we had a couple of years back!

We have recently moved and I have managed to talk the wife round to letting me plant bee friendly shrubs in in the borders of the gardens (despite her not liking bees....lol), so I am looking for good perennial evergreen shrubs that will give a nice selection of colours and not need lots of work to look after...

We have recently moved and I have managed to talk the wife round to letting me plant bee friendly shrubs in in the borders of the gardens (despite her not liking bees....lol), so I am looking for good perennial evergreen shrubs that will give a nice selection of colours and not need lots of work to look after...

Mahonia!

There's no need to be Rude.....:calmdown:

Lol that's soooooooo funny!!

Why not create a lovely herb garden, with lots of thyme, marjoram etc, once flowering the bees go nuts of it and you can cut the herbs for 'aforementioned' wife for the kitchen???

:yeahthat:

Have you been looking through my windows ????:icon_204-2:

Oh was it you who said about it the other day?
I'd love one but him indoors really hates buddleahs cos they grow like mad.

Ceanothus - v pop with my bees - can be a bit nesh if we get a cold winter when they are young.

Latest posts

Back