people driving around in bee suites

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryman

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
couple
just seen an old boy driving around near me this morning inspecting his hives see him go through a locked gate thinking to myself what an idiot no wonder people lose hives if they do this sort of thing they think they have them in a safe place tucked away from prying eyes etc then do stupid things like that

just seen an old boy driving around near me this morning inspecting his hives see him go through a locked gate thinking to myself what an idiot no wonder people lose hives if they do this sort of thing they think they have them in a safe place tucked away from prying eyes etc then do stupid things like that

You should be able to without the fear of the nosey and thieving barstools interfering with them

It took me a while to get what you're getting at, it doesn't cross my mind round here, most of my hives are a tad vulnerable to theft and I wouldn't sleep at night if I had to worry about it. I don't bother taking the keys out of the ignition of the truck very often either, no problems so far!

Countryman, sadly, I get your point entirely.

there has been quite a few round here so not very secure

I do it all the time, but then I am driving a pest control van:icon_204-2:

The beekeeper driver could have been transporting bees so having your suit on, and veil on, would be sensible.

I did it recently when transporting bees but what was quite priceless was the look on two elderly ladies' faces walking down the country lane when the sun shone in such a way to make it look asif its a faceless person driving the car
:icon_204-2:

My opinion is, if they want to steal, they will. You can just do as much to prevent it.

An example of why fear of crime is more of an issue than crime itself!

Hogwash!
You're more likely to crash if wearing veil!!

dangerous ground here but there are people who drive around wearing hoods with just a letter box sized slot to see out of...

Your opinion, which you are entitled to hold, but do you spend your entire life worrying about what mischief the scrotes might get up to?
I often drive between sites in my suit especially when transporting bees.

I moved a cople of hive in the car with a mate both wearing vailes and all I could think of was when mr Thorn Imported a plain full of bees and customs would not let him water the bees his response I will drop this box of bees and clear your air port so me and my friend were laughing about if we got pulled up by the police for driving in a vaile mabey somthing like if you want me out of the car you come and get me out :icon_204-2:

I drive in my suit to apiaries, between Apiaries, I go to the shops, Chinese, Indian Curry house, Coop, Aldi and Sainsburys, Post Office, Bank, Accountants, and work at my office!

....I'm regularly spotted in my bee suit, wellies, or jacket and wellies, at the allotments...in town....

er' indoors, has said, I'm going to bury you in your boots and bee suit!

Oh... and the amount of honey I sell on a weekly basis.....because people stop and ask, "are you a beekeeper?"

I should just get "I am a beekeeper!" on the suit!

It's great advertising.....(and my apiaries are still a secret!) and you wouldn't get to one, unless you have a security swipe card, keys for two different doors, and a secure key for the lift!

and today, funny you mention this I was challenged by the Land Owner, and also the farm tractor driver, that was cutting the grass in the meadow....

checking it was me!! (in my suit of course!)

I moved a cople of hive in the car with a mate both wearing vailes and all I could think of was when mr Thorn Imported a plain full of bees and customs would not let him water the bees his response I will drop this box of bees and clear your air port so me and my friend were laughing about if we got pulled up by the police for driving in a vaile mabey somthing like if you want me out of the car you come and get me out :icon_204-2:

Two things are almost certain to give you a clear run to your destination - it's pouring with rain or you look like a wierdo who will not be worth the paperwork. :)

I often drive between sites in my suit especially when transporting bees.

I travel between 6 sites quite regularly all on the same day to check my 50 odd hives weekly / as required.
I do not take my suit off between apiaries, I unzip the hood and throw it back, I think the sight of driving in my undies would get more strange looks and draw a bit more attention.

If transporting bees I do the same, the hood can go up fairly quickly whilst buying me enough time to pull over if I had a problem. Certainly if I had an accident with a dozen hives of bees in the van I would be grateful I was wearing my suit.

Latest posts

Back