Paynes floor for Brigsy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Here's a picture of the bottom of the Paynes floor with the correx insert place on the hive stand.
The floor is on a regular stand but sits on an eke so that there are no gaps on three sides. I can slide a metal** tray underneath to sit on the stand and seal the back.
The colony has been treated six times and there appears to be no deterioration of the mesh.

The second picture has a hive floor (not in service yet) sitting on a stand kindly given to me by a forum member to try.
As you see the distance from monitoring tray to hive floor is much greater but should make little distance when vaping other than perhaps having to increase the amount of oxalic a little to compensate for the greater volume.

I hope that helps

**I just measured the area needed and ordered some custom made metal trays. I have steel and aluminium (cheaper)

Attachments

• Paynes.jpg
    Paynes.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1821.JPG
    IMG_1821.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 40
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a picture of the bottom of the Paynes floor with the correx insert place on the hive stand.
The floor is on a regular stand but sits on an eke so that there are no gaps on three sides. I can slide a metal** tray underneath to sit on the stand and seal the back.
The colony has been treated six times and there appears to be no deterioration of the mesh.

The second picture has a hive floor (not in service yet) sitting on a stand kindly given to me by a forum member to try.
As you see the distance from monitoring tray to hive floor is much greater but should make little distance when vaping other than perhaps having to increase the amount of oxalic a little to compensate for the greater volume.

I hope that helps

**I just measured the area needed and ordered some custom made metal trays. I have steel and aluminium (cheaper)

Or just slide your metal vaping tray into the original slot under the floor ?

Is it to increase the distance between mesh and vapour ?

If you cut those retaining lugs off( the ones on the stand) you can slide a tray in on the first floor. Just don't forget to put some sponge in the side holes

Latest posts

Back