Paradise or abelo poly national.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I missing something? Several people have mentioned that the Abelo is more expensive than the Paradise but it would appear from a quick search the the opposite is true.
Abelo assembled unpainted - £125
Paradise flat unpainted + hive strap - £135

No, you aren't missing anything really. Swienty are cheaper, at £100 (but not better value for money IMO)

As a comparison with another pre-assembled hive, Paynes is currently £118 (but that's in the sale - usually £139)

(I have a theory that in 5 years time people will look back in bemusement at the days when we assembled our own poly hives)

Am I missing something? Several people have mentioned that the Abelo is more expensive than the Paradise but it would appear from a quick search the the opposite is true.
This is what I read and found out, you pay a tener for a strap!

I got my unpainted Paradise hives for £100.....no strap, from Bee Equipment

As a comparison with another pre-assembled hive, Paynes is currently £118 (but that's in the sale - usually £139)

Abelo usually knock 10% off the poly hives in the sales so the unpainted would only be £112.50.

It might be possible if you spoke to Abelo and were taking quite a few hives that they might do an even better deal closing the gap further on the paradise.

Abelo usually knock 10% off the poly hives in the sales so the unpainted would only be £112.50.

It might be possible if you spoke to Abelo and were taking quite a few hives that they might do an even better deal closing the gap further on the paradise.
Interesting you say that how many would you have to buy?
I phoned three suppliers and there was know headway on 10 cedar complete hives across the board, thornes coming out the cheapest.

Maybe not enough?
And then I've bought hives from someone else

No, you aren't missing anything really. Swienty are cheaper, at £100 (but not better value for money IMO)

(I have a theory that in 5 years time people will look back in bemusement at the days when we assembled our own poly hives)
I like assembling my poly hives! It also allows me to take down an empty one and put most of it straight into a rucksack for transportation if need be. I can either carry it or take it somewhere by bike, instead of having to use a car.
I have a dream that in five years time, people will look back in bemusement at our reliance on motor vehicles, to move such items from one place to another.

Look out pigeons.....I think I can see a cat coming 🐱

I like assembling my poly hives! It also allows me to take down an empty one and put most of it straight into a rucksack for transportation if need be. I can either carry it or take it somewhere by bike, instead of having to use a car.
I have a dream that in five years time, people will look back in bemusement at our reliance on motor vehicles, to move such items from one place to another.

Look out pigeons.....I think I can see a cat coming 🐱
I saw an electric tricycle powered by a hydrogen fuel cell with an articulated trailer rated to .75tons that I thought might be the vehicle with the smallest footprint just about feasible to do some serious beekeeping with.

I use by homebuilt ebike and a trailer locally for my hives 3 - 4 supers is the max I tow or a couple of BB's.

I saw an electric tricycle powered by a hydrogen fuel cell with an articulated trailer rated to .75tons that I thought might be the vehicle with the smallest footprint just about feasible to do some serious beekeeping with.
I'll stick with my land rover discovery thanks.

The fossil fuel equivalent to an electric tricycle 😁
Show me an electric trike that can pull a trailer with two horses aboard, drag bogged down cars out of muddy fields, has a flat "boot" to stick a couple of hives in and negotiate less than ideal tracks to an apiary site 😀😀😀
Oh and smells of livestock to keep occupants in touch with nature 🐎
Maybe the old guy I can only just recall having a steam lorry running from Goole to Selby which was fired with Yorkshire coal knew how to use fossil fuel correctly? Not a lot of fuel duty for the Chancellor out of that I suspect.

Don't forget you can

Also try Modern Beekeeping, same price as Abelo.

Back