P****s Sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
Are the price reductions on their website their sale prices or do you think there is more to come in the next 24hrs?

only thing I can see on sale is a poly feeder and a 16 x 10 brood their main sale starts boxing day

There web site does say a sale starts in Oct

Ordered my some poly nuts off them last thursday, at sale price of 30 quid each with eke. Just call em.

There are some reductions, but they are on the ordinary pages, not the "sale" page. There is like 10% off a 14x12 hive without frames.
The 14x12 (ie +eke) nuc is at £30 (from £39).

They reduced the prices after the BBKA News advert appeared.
I've no idea if they'll reduce further either in October or at Christmas.

The 14x12 (ie +eke) nuc is at £30 (from £39).

They reduced the prices after the BBKA News advert appeared.
I've no idea if they'll reduce further either in October or at Christmas.[/QUOTE]

They didn't last year and this was the same price I paid at the convention earlier this year. £30 is a good price

... They didn't last year and this was the same price I paid at the convention earlier this year. £30 is a good price

Indeed it is.
But the eke on its own isn't reduced. It was last year (Oct or Dec?) - to £7.50 I think.
And only hive-sets are reduced, not individual boxes as previously.

Indeed it is.
But the eke on its own isn't reduced. It was last year (Oct or Dec?) - to £7.50 I think.
And only hive-sets are reduced, not individual boxes as previously.
:iagree:
I was looking for more brood boxes and supers and they ain't reduced. I don't want floors and roofs so I'm hoping they will expand the list of sale items.

I ordered at the reduced prices, P & P was free on the order (it was heading towards £200), items arrived following morning. Can't fault it and all stocked up for next year/re-colonisation of the entirety of Wales with bees. (Humans may have to move out except where they directly cultivate flowers for bees.)

I hope that thoses are the sales prices! I ordered a hive and a nuc on Saturday and they arrived this morning...

:iagree:
I was looking for more brood boxes and supers and they ain't reduced. I don't want floors and roofs so I'm hoping they will expand the list of sale items.

On their web site they say (my emphasis)
We have a Polyhive sale during October.

Our larger Winter Sale Starts Dec 26th and has Wooden Hive parts, poly hive parts, tools and equipment. Remember - Our sale will continue to run until we are out of stock, however, all these items are limited stock and we are expect to run out quickly - So get those orders in!!!

On their web site they say (my emphasis)

Our larger Winter Sale Starts Dec 26th and has Wooden Hive parts, poly hive parts, tools and equipment. Remember - Our sale will continue to run until we are out of stock, however, all these items are limited stock and we are expect to run out quickly - So get those orders in!!!

It's been saying that since last year I think they missed removing it

It's been saying that since last year I think they missed removing it

Yes, I think that is the plan they are sticking to.

The point is that they were saying that they would have a *polyhive* sale in October - and it is only full *hives* that have been reduced ... exactly as they indicated.
And they are also indicating (lets hope it is true) that there will be a sale of *hive parts* (which is what both Swarm and I are looking out for) on Boxing Day. So we can wait with reasonable hope.

//Though I might just weaken and move another colony into poly before the winter ... :)

Placed my order and will wait for boxing day.

Was thinking of moving one hive into the poly as soon as it arrives, is it not too late to try it? Thoughts?

Depends on the weather and if it's windy.

If it's warmish and dry, and they're flying, and you're quick ... ??

Plans on hold until next spring...

Was thinking of moving one hive into the poly as soon as it arrives, is it not too late to try it? Thoughts?

Decent day for an inspection, shouldn't be a problem.
I might be doing it myself.
Benefit all through the winter.

/Know someone that moved frames into a poly in January after woodpecker attack on a wooden hive. They not only survived, but prospered.

Consider your mouseguard. Try stuff before putting bees in!
There would also be some headscratching if they were on brood ON a half. (I'd leave the half in wood ... Payns shallow doesn't fit straight onto their floor - only the broods have the adaptation at the corners.)

Back