Oxalic acid strips

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Despite using Apilife Var in the autumn and oxalic trickle mid winter, l still have some natural varroa drop.
Would oxalic acid strips be ok to use this time of year? I understand the strips need to remain on for 6 weeks.
Build up has been slow and supers not put on yet, but hope to in the next two weeks. Will the honey be tainted by OA?

How much is 'some' varroa drop? you are never going to eradicate them completely so seeing varroa when you use the inspection tray is normal.
But to answer your question you shouldn't be using OA with supers on.

How much is 'some' varroa drop? you are never going to eradicate them completely so seeing varroa when you use the inspection tray is normal.
But to answer your question you shouldn't be using OA with supers on.
I understood that even a small amount of varroa this time of year would lead to an exponential, posdibly fatal increase before the autumn?

I understood that even a small amount of varroa this time of year would lead to an exponential, posdibly fatal increase before the autumn?
since every colony has varroa, I somewhat don't think so - unless they started in the spring with a moderately large infestation

Reactions: mbc

Latest posts

Back