Ow!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marvin,

Are you on any new medicine for anything or made any other changes recently?

I had two bad reactions last year when stung on my head when I was on Dihydrocodeine and Naproxen. Since I've stopped taking them and I've been stung several times since although not on my head and I only had the standard localised low level swelling and short term pain.

Hi Mike,

I take a cocktail of medicines for my various problems. The only recent change is an increase in Gliclazide. I'm not a pharmacologist so I can't draw any direct links.

As I work in medical devices R&D, I am able to understand the significance of Karol's posting and intend to read further around this subject.

The swelling in my ankle has gone down this morning.

Marvin,
I had the same reaction some time ago. Fortunately I am in France so a doctor sent me for a test. My allergy was very high and I have been on monthly injections for 2 years. I have not given up and I go to my bees ( no longer in my garden) with a friend who also keeps bees. We have 12 hives between us. My KUA/L rate has come down steadily over time. I recently got stung and had virtually no more reaction than that from a mosquito.
I will be most pleased if you want to ask for any further details. good luck.
Michael

I was sposed to have an appointment with the Alergy clinic at the hospital in brighton today. It was cancelled yesterday due to the Prof being called away. I now have to go on the waiting list again. ho hum.

Marvin,

Are you on any new medicine for anything or made any other changes recently?

I had two bad reactions last year when stung on my head when I was on Dihydrocodeine and Naproxen. Since I've stopped taking them and I've been stung several times since although not on my head and I only had the standard localised low level swelling and short term pain.

I also had a not so nice reaction when I was taking Naproxen I was takeing it for a back problem spent 4 hours in A&E before they would let me go home had tests since all ok

Latest posts

Back