Awful night!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
Hopefully the ordeal is over but i am off chicken for a while! I some how managed to swallow a small bone : ( this got lodge in my throat and i couldn't get it out no mater what i tried: ( it then moved to what felt like my wind pipe and i was worried to say the least. Partner phoned the local NHS who wanted my straight up there, luckily 2 minutes away. They where really good, took me in and decided to inject me with something to relax throat muscle's i believe. Sort didn't quiet work that way and my heart felt like it was beating like hell, felt even worse! Got put on one of those machines and monitor until it all settled back down. By 4am the bone had moved slightly enough that i was aloud home until 8am when i had to go back for x ray. This shows the bone had now gone but my throat feels awful. I am normally really careful with chicken too!

Hopefully the ordeal is over but i am off chicken for a while! I some how managed to swallow a small bone : ( this got lodge in my throat and i couldn't get it out no mater what i tried: ( it then moved to what felt like my wind pipe and i was worried to say the least. Partner phoned the local NHS who wanted my straight up there, luckily 2 minutes away. They where really good, took me in and decided to inject me with something to relax throat muscle's i believe. Sort didn't quiet work that way and my heart felt like it was beating like hell, felt even worse! Got put on one of those machines and monitor until it all settled back down. By 4am the bone had moved slightly enough that i was aloud home until 8am when i had to go back for x ray. This shows the bone had now gone but my throat feels awful. I am normally really careful with chicken too!

It is a horrible really frightening situation to be in having something stuck in your throat, i have two false teeth and many moons ago a puppy i had got hold of them and broke the pallet which was not as good of a tight fit, i had them stuck in my throat several times after drawing a deep breath to cough and that wrenching choking feeling is horrible.
I ended up swallowing them the last time it happened and that was the last i have ever seen of them..:D .
Luckily for you mind that that bone was not sharp enough to get lodged in your throat as i have heard some horrendous stories regarding dogs swallowing them.

It is a horrible really frightening situation to be in having something stuck in your throat, i have two false teeth and many moons ago a puppy i had got hold of them and broke the pallet which was not as good of a tight fit, i had them stuck in my throat several times after drawing a deep breath to cough and that wrenching choking feeling is horrible.
I ended up swallowing them the last time it happened and that was the last i have ever seen of them..:D .
Luckily for you mind that that bone was not sharp enough to get lodged in your throat as i have heard some horrendous stories regarding dogs swallowing them.

I recall reading in the news some years ago the old queen mother was taken into hospital with a fish bone stuck in her throat.
Closer to home, my youngest daughter aged about ten at the time got one stuck between her tonsils at Skirlington market. I could see it and could have removed it with a pair of long nosed pliers from the stall next to where she was stood but no way would she let me. We ended up at Hornsea Cottage Hospital a couple of miles away where a large nurse held her still while another nurse pulled it clear with a pair of forceps almost identical to the long nosed pliers I wanted to use :)

Latest posts

Back