Online websites or apps for selling honey locally?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twitter is a fantastic tool for the marketing of local 'artisanal' products.

Facebook is also good, if you set up a page with an appropriate name - e. g. "[local town] honey"

I use the local community Facebook page, word of mouth and doorstep sales. I now have a list of regular customers wanting to be informed when honey becomes available. Always have more requests for honey than jars for sale!

X2 and i also have a local shop selling it for me now...i have ran out of spring runny honey.. let's see what happens with the last crop of the year.

X2 and i also have a local shop selling it for me now...i have ran out of spring runny honey.. let's see what happens with the last crop of the year.

Get in there Millet....If you get close to running out...I can probably help ;)...as long as North Yorkshire equates to local honey :)

£5 for a 12oz jar.
Some joker up the road is selling for £4.50 a pound - and apologising for the first price increase in 5 years. Also his/her product is selling for £4.90 a pound in the local shops, so wholesale price must be close to £3.50.

I'm just going to sell my honey somewhere else where the market hasn't been wrecked by loonies.

Very good price....I currently have around 500lb surplus to my yearly requirements, which at £3.50/lb anyone who can collect from a North Yorkshire address is welcome.

Get in there Millet....If you get close to running out...I can probably help ;)...as long as North Yorkshire equates to local honey :)

I have sold the odd jar to them for 4 quid per 12..Oz jar they are flogging it for £5.50 a jar.. the labels on your jars need to be local Honey but no location...but then again i don't think they are arsed..
It is a shop of reputation so i will let you know..;)

I think what Popparand meant is that £3.50 is what the guy was selling to the shop at, after bottling? In which case not so good!

I think what Popparand meant is that £3.50 is what the guy was selling to the shop at, after bottling? In which case not so good!

Indeed. Not so good for the producer

Daft.

OK perhaps in buckets or drums.

I sell half pound rounds to shops for more than that.

I just did the tour of all the local farm shops my way. All already have stocks of local honey - well, from Beekeepers 2 or 3 villages away. The common price seems to be around £4.80 for 12oz.

So when the time comes I'm going to have to think of a plan B. I can't put a sign on my garden gate because I don't have one. It's shared access. Think I'll start a Facebook page and hope word gets round.

Back