Offer of a very desirable and secure apiary near Woodstock Oxon

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Got chatting with a gentleman at the RWAS spring fair last Saturday, he's offered an apiary site on his farm near Woodstock and thus far no response. He has a thousand acres in total but the part which is more interesting is he has twenty acres or so laid to wildflowers which is where he would like to see an apiary. He mentioned he has pretty tight security and he's Welsh which is another bonus.:D
If anyone is interested please PM me and I can pass your details on to him.

To whom has he offered it so far? I don't mean names, I mean how has he tried to contact local beeks? I can think of a couple of people who might be interested

Well done JBM.
Similar to a situation where I have an apiary. The farmer had put is name down for a beekeeper to start an apiary on his land at the RWAS for a few years and heard nothing. I rang him out of the blue and he bent over backwards to find me a suitable site.

To whom has he offered it so far? I don't mean names, I mean how has he tried to contact local beeks? I can think of a couple of people who might be interested

Does it matter? the offer is here now if anyone is interested. If the people you know are interested, PM me and I'll pass details on

Well I'm very sorry, but I didn't expect the third degree when I passed on this offer, nor did I expect an analysis of why noone has taken up the offer previously.
Simple really - if you know someone who would like to investigate this offer pass me their details. If not - stop picking holes and taking offence where none exist.

Well done JBM.
Similar to a situation where I have an apiary. The farmer had put is name down for a beekeeper to start an apiary on his land at the RWAS for a few years and heard nothing. I rang him out of the blue and he bent over backwards to find me a suitable site.

Exactly, seemed like a civic and worthy post, no idea how it's flared up.

JBM if nobody comes forward from the forum then advise the farmer to use hive locator as well as BKA's in the area. Also suitable for a commercial beek. I'd have asked for the details if I lived nearer. The other website the farmer could use is Urban Beekeeping. Sounds like a fantastic offer.

Well I'm very sorry, but I didn't expect the third degree when I passed on this offer, nor did I expect an analysis of why noone has taken up the offer previously.
Simple really - if you know someone who would like to investigate this offer pass me their details. If not - stop picking holes and taking offence where none exist.
Thanks, but I'll bow out. Life's too short

Confuscius say:
'when you get up in morning - P!ss in pot and not on cornflakes' :D

Sadly, some people are always intent on looking a gift horse in the mouth ... or perhaps it's just the way of the world these days - people need every bit of information spoon fed on a plate so that all they have to do is press the button ! No personal effort required ....

Well, looks like a deal is in the offing - I'll hang on to any subsequent enquiries until I know whether it goes ahead or not and pass the next one on if it falls through.

Hi Iam not to far away from Woodstock. I Have always thought its a good area as they I are lots of open woodlands. Could you pass on any info you have thanks

JBM talk to someone in Nth Wilts would ya please.....

Latest posts

Back