Observations from a new beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so glad its not just me. I can sit by a hive for ages just watching and listening. The sound is amazing.

I've increased the time between inspections and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already. Goodness knows what it'll be like in the winter. A nice thought though is that I'm part of my bees' annual cycle, just like the weather!

:iagree:
That about sums it up.
We're all bee-bores...no hope...

:iagree:

When someone (not on my crew) asks 'how's the bees doing' the whole crew cry 'oh no not the bees again, you've done it now!' :D That's why I teach beekeeping now - at last someone who wants to hear about bees (the first few times anyway!)

We'd rather be Bee-Bores than Eastenders/Corrie Bores.
It appears that forum members have a life outside of the TV.
We notice the seasons, whats in flower, why honey is going to be VERY expensive this year and hopefully work with nature.
Tim :)

Apologies in advance to all soap fans on the forum !! not worthy

We'd rather be Bee-Bores than Eastenders/Corrie Bores.
It appears that forum members have a life outside of the TV.
We notice the seasons, whats in flower, why honey is going to be VERY expensive this year and hopefully work with nature.
Tim :)

Apologies in advance to all soap fans on the forum !! not worthy

Some forum members haven't seen soap in many, many years.... best not to stand downwind of them though!! :eek::eek:

I make my own soap using beeswax..... Wrong sort of soap? See one track mind!

When chatting with people I often think:
"Please dont ask how the bees are doing"
Because I know I cant control the urge to bore them for hours on end.

I am SO glad to hear others think like me. I get embarrassed when I hear myself gushing on about bees.

But nothing - absolutely nothing - can stop me from rushing down to the apiary when I get home at the end of the day, just to sit there for a while watching the bees; such a great way to decompress.

Latest posts

Back