nuc's for sale ads by non forum supporters

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonybloke

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
3 Commercial hives with National supers, Top Bee Space. + 2 Nucs
there seem to be a lot of nuc's for sale this year from folk who ain't yet supported the forum, I thought this wasn't supposed to happen? :confused:

We have had many Nuc sellers saying in posts that they will "donate to the forum when they have sold nucs".

Rather than not allow their ads,I have given them the benefit of the doubt as it has allowed members looking for Nucs to possibly find something local.

My plan is to make a list of all members who have advertised Nucs for sale this year and give them 3 months from when the advert went live to donate,those that don't will not be able to sell anything on the forum in future.

I may even do a name and shame list...

As we have a few more members than the begining of year I think next year it may be better to set a fixed fee for Nuc selling,we should be able to raise enough to not have to ask for donations.

Does that mean that I can advertise and you can beat me with a birch branch if I don't pay up?

We have had many Nuc sellers saying in posts that they will "donate to the forum when they have sold nucs".

Rather than not allow their ads,I have given them the benefit of the doubt as it has allowed members looking for Nucs to possibly find something local.

My plan is to make a list of all members who have advertised Nucs for sale this year and give them 3 months from when the advert went live to donate,those that don't will not be able to sell anything on the forum in future.

As we have a few more members than the begining of year I think next year it may be better to set a fixed fee for Nuc selling,we should be able to raise enough to not have to ask for donations.

Sounds like a plan!!

thanks Mark,
rgds, Tony

snip....

I agree with the latter. Set a fixed price for all forum members that is about 15% below the going rate. That way forum members get a benefit, and the sellers get a market. It also means the sellers don't have to pay up front - always a sticking point. There seem to be enough donations to comfortably cover the forum running costs - we were 270% over last month

I have sold through the site but carn't donate as its on hold because targets have been reached. Why not leave open the option for donating and any excess could be put towards something like the forum camping weekend.

I strongly disagree.

If I sell a prime five frame nuc bursting with bees as I do why should my price be dictated to by the forum? I may well be in competition with a feeble cobbled together piece of rubbish.

Further I have donated more than a few times to the forum long before most came on here.

This needs thinking through further.

PH

I think it is wrong to demand a contribution from the seller that might only sell one or two nucs. Any more than one or two nucs and it starts to get into the category of making a contribution.

Latest posts

Back