• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nuc with 14x12 hive and supers - Oxfordshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinker

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Due to other commitments I am giving up beekeeping for the time being. I have sold my other colonies and this is the last one to go.

A well-established nuc on 14x12 nationals. 11 frames, of which 4 full frames are brood, the rest a mixture of drawn comb, stores and foundation.
2011 queen. This was the 'left behind' colony after a swarm in April.

Because I am giving up completely, I am selling this colony with 2 supers, in varying states of fullness (it probably adds up to about half a full super of stores, but in bits). Some of the super frames are a bit messy due to different spacer sizes (I ran out) and clumsy uncapping!

In terms of temperament, these are only moderately docile bees. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being very laid back and 10 being terrifying, I'd say they're about 4. On a warm sunny day they're fine, but they can be quite feisty if you handle them in bad weather. On the plus side, they don't follow at all, but if you're an absolute beginner, these might not be the ideal bees for you.

The other small downside is that the roof leaks. It has a bit of plastic over the hole at the moment, but you'll need to repair or replace it asap. Also the stand is a bit wobbly (easily fixed).

£150. Collect from South Oxford.

Back