• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nuc-too late?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IAF

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I haven't made my mind up yet, but due to disaster last year (literally thousands of wasps when I went on holiday after re-locating the hives) I find myself without a colony. I have a bait hive out, but it doesn't too promising. So the questions are, am I too late? What reasonable price am I looking at? I think gentle bees are the order of the day, so who would you recommend?

Thanks,

IAF

no, you're not too late although don't expect a massive honey crop - as for prices, probably a lot more reasonable than at the beginning of the year when demands were high as now a lot more 2016 queens will start coming on line.

Too late for what exactly? There is a beemaker in the north of the county who on here and has many satisfied customers. As for prices, they vary - probably dependent on quality, size and availability among others. Look at adverts in the bee mags and elsewhere to get a feel for prices. Even look on the big T website, if you want a shock!

Latest posts

Back