Nothing to lose, everything to learn.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:welcome:
I am very old with lots of bad habits.. The older I get, the worse I become:

(Natural selection in action:)

Hi, from Hindhead near Haslemere, Surrey. Beekeeper for 5 years with 4 National hives and a Top Bar Hive. Caution ⚠️ very old person with bad habits!
Bad habits welcome!
At least you can pick your nose here and no-one cares 😂

Hi, from Hindhead near Haslemere, Surrey. Beekeeper for 5 years with 4 National hives and a Top Bar Hive. Caution ⚠️ very old person with bad habits!
Welcome Jonathan, I'm just down the road in Fernhurst.😊

I think age and a few bad habits made this forum great. And somehow bees love them as shown by the number of hives they have! :D

Glad to have you here! Welcome.

Moved to Somerset but lived at Churt for .18 years. Good harvest of sweet chestnut honey there.
Welcome to the madhouse.

Moved to Somerset but lived at Churt for .18 years. Good harvest of sweet chestnut honey there.
Welcome to the madhouse.
Spent lots of time in my youth in Churt at the trout fishery, I’m wondering about an apiary down there next season.Those lakes used to be rammed with small fingerling brownies moved in from the stream as well as the stocked trout, some even made it to a decent size. Currently sitting in the sister in laws in Somerset!

Last edited:
I remember walking in a farmer's field in the 1960s and having a shotgun discharged at me and the shot passing overhead. (yes seriously)/ The shooter was a gamekeeper.

Latest posts

Back