North/East London - Requeening

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidharradine

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello all

I need to re-queen one of my colonies, and I'm just wondering if anyone on the forum has any queens available to buy at the moment?

I'm in Hackney, east London, and would prefer to get a locally reared queen.

Please get in touch if you can help

Thanks a lot

David

Sorry not able to help, have you contacted London beekeepers?

As was mentioned on the thread you started this time last year..."local in London means nothing". You could go for any quality UK bred queen :)

"Local in London means nothing"
You clearly don't live in London, mate.

What it meant last year - and it was a quote from your search for queens last year - was that local queens are from a large number of different types of bee and less likely to be a local type like many other parts of the country...so you could source a good quality queen from anywhere.

And no I don't. By choice.

I think it is still early to have a bred queen rather than one that is spare. I don't know any LBKA members who have London queens ready. The Crystal Palace beekeepers haven't either. Don't know about the North London or Bromley beeks. Twickenham and Thames Valley are a slick operation, so they might, but event they can't control the weather.

Latest posts

Back