No wasps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a couple of wasp traps out for a week now. Bait is OJ, sugar, vinegar, cat food. Not a single wasp trapped. Also, I haven't seen one at all around my hives or in the garden. Bizarre.

I for one am green with envy. I just spotted TWO underground nests yesterday in the garden which explains the large numbers I've seen taking water from my pond.
Guess what I'll be doing at the weekend?
Cazza

I've already clobbered all of the visible wasp nests in the area round the hives. The last one was found while cutting the hedge. A wonderful moment of "I wonder what all these wasps are doing here?" - then I realised that the end of the hedge cutter was stuck in a wasps nest. Thankfully the exhaust faces along the blades, so this kept them at bay while I legged it.

I`ve got bored keep emptying my wasp traps and refilling them so I made a larger one this afternoon.

Daleks be very very afraaiid!!
John Wilkinson
EXTERMINATE!!!

Stroooooooof!

I like the tap on the side so you can pour 'wasp' cocktails of an evening!

I had a wasps nest in my apiary last year about a metre and a half away from my end hive, and I couldn't give a stuff.

Any wasp that actually gets inside a beehive typically ends up dead. But I guess there is something about making fangled wasps traps that appeals to small-minded types.

Leave the incahol alone old chap
You have had enough sluuuurp for one day Hicc :party:

John Wilkinson

attachment.php

Where did you get the really tiny battery drill from ? :D

Back