nieghbours

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TREVOR HILL

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
after reading nieghbours from hell had long talks with all close nieghbours wether to move the nerest hive to them 1st one objected that moving them would mean there flight path would no longer go over his vedge patch and last year he had a bumper crop 2nd objected the proposed new site put the girls nearer a farm pond and they would no longer use her wildlife pond and as she said she gets hours of enjoyment watching the comings and goings on water trips 3rd ive just spent 10 mins getting one of the bees out the front room window hope putting in the jar did.t hert it 4th ifyou carnt live with nature go live on the moon!
should i move the hive its totaly in the wrong position .:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

after reading nieghbours from hell had long talks with all close nieghbours wether to move the nerest hive to them 1st one objected that moving them would mean there flight path would no longer go over his vedge patch and last year he had a bumper crop 2nd objected the proposed new site put the girls nearer a farm pond and they would no longer use her wildlife pond and as she said she gets hours of enjoyment watching the comings and goings on water trips 3rd ive just spent 10 mins getting one of the bees out the front room window hope putting in the jar did.t hert it 4th ifyou carnt live with nature go live on the moon!
should i move the hive its totaly in the wrong position .:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

I have no idea what you are on about, ever heard of using full stops!

Sure others will give you some help.

I think Trevor is trying to tell us he has neighbours from heaven :)
If I'm wrong then yep, full stops might help.............

i didnt even notice the lack of full stops until someone pointed it out... yes neighbours from heaven..

am pretty luckiy in that respect too, everyone wants some honey it seems.

i didnt even notice the lack of full stops until someone pointed it out... yes neighbours from heaven..

am pretty luckiy in that respect too, everyone wants some honey it seems.

You only need one full stop.

Sure others will give you some help.

Well if you couldnt help why did you have to reply and be rude?

Ever heard of using question marks when asking a question?

An exclamation mark is to..... well exclaim! - Shirley ;)

You only need one full stop.

actually in this instance no

http://www.ukessays.com/essay-writing-help/punctuation-termination-marks.php

One exception is the use of multiple full-stops to indicatebreaks in direct quotations or direct speech. The convention is to use threefull stops to indicate such a break:

* Churchill said in his speech: We shall fight them on the beaches...we shall never surrender.

Note that the 'we' after the three full stops beginswith a lower-case 'w' - this is a rare situation where this is permissible. In most circumstances, a termination mark must be followed by acapital letter.

so actually as i was speaking directly the only mistake i made was the lack of capitalisation of my i...

:p

im sorry my mastery of english is not up to some peoples standards but i do my best i thought this forum was to talk about bees not grammer....................

Hi Trevor,

Welcome. Do not be put off by the wry humour on the site, threads will often go off at a tangent, and sometimes seem that others are having a go. This site is very helpful, informative and usually friendly.

I am fortunate in that my spelling etc seem to be good, but as long as I can get the meaning of a post, then why worry? ( whoops, I nearly put an exclamation mark, after asking a question - naughty boy, but then that at least means I have learnt something from the replies - just nothing to do with bees)

Keep posting.

My grammer's fine...
although at 92 she is getting a bit forgetful!

I would have written... My Grandmother is fine, rather than My grammer's fine or you could have written My grammers' fine... implicating that your Grandmother had received a fine or My Grammer's fines.... lots of Grammers more than one fine

So is it Bees knees, Bee's knees, or Bees' knees,

Swedish is so much easier... just Morfar or Farmor !

:leaving:

Last edited:
I think I am trying to get this back on track. Trevor's neighbours sound just great - but I am assuming there is something about the existing position which means that he thinks he ought to try and change it? However, he does not wish to upset these wonderful neighbours. I think both the veg patch and the pond will still be attractive to the bees unless they are to be moved miles away so the neighbours will still get all the benefits. Trevor - tell us why you were thinking of moving the hive - was it just because you feared your neighbours would be upset?
Now, we keep talking about desirable traits in bees and breeding to encourage the best charactreristics. At the risk of offending, it sounds as though the fantastic characteristics of Trevor's neighbours should be encouraged in a special beekeeper's neighbours breeding programme.
Tricia

Dear Trevor

Glad you and your neighbours are OK.
Can't you please everyone and get a second hive, this can be positioned where you want it.
My grammer is dead too.

paul and les

Last edited:
My neighbours are great too. Dear ole Jean next door was most distraught today when she found a dead honey bee on her patio. Then when I told her they work themselves to death this time of year I thought she was going to cry!

Latest posts

Back