Newby

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LNH

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi all, got a theory and practical course as present this time last year but erractic attendance due to work. Somehow managed to acquire two hives(national) and housed a couple of swarms gained from course members in june/july. looking forward immensely but with trepidation as well to first full year. Already learning much from books, sites subscribers and hands on. Looking to learn more and more

Welcome, the first year is the best. Just make sure you stay close to the local association so you can get quick answers to all those panicky questions.

Welcome.
I second what domino says!

Good luck.

I can only echo those comments others have made: make use of your local association and get yourself a good mentor

And register on Beebase please!!

jumping in is the best way to go lol :) better motivation lmao.

welcome

I did it too lol.

Somehow managed to acquire two hives(national) and housed a couple of swarms gained from course members in june/july. looking forward immensely but with trepidation as well to first full year.

jumping in is the best way to go lol :) better motivation lmao.

I did it too lol.
:iagree: and :welcome:

Before the season starts in earnest it's probably a good idea to brush up on, or learn for the first time, how to recognise when a colony is preparing to swarm, and what you should do. You're likely to need this knowledge sooner than you think.

There's a good leaflet on the WBKA site called, "There are queen cells in my hive - what should I do?" http://www.wbka.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/There-Are-Queen-Cells-In-My-Hive-WBKA-WAG.pdf

Do you have any spare boxes?

Latest posts

Back