New Skep

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which mesh did you order?
A heads up Veg, the glass fibre mesh at £5.99 linear metre looks to be the quality used in the veils by Bee Basics. The polyester pet mesh at £13.99 linear metre is a lot tougher, but don't know if it's too heavy for practical use in a veil.

I used both to make OMFs for 14x12 nucs. The cheaper option seems to be standing up to it, but can't be described as overly robust in that application, whereas the pet mesh is more than adequate, but comes in around the same price as aluminium mesh. Worth having a piece around just for ad hoc repairs. A lot cheaper than a spare suit until it comes up for renewal.

The mesh arrives in a cardboard mailing tube which accounts for the postage charge, a bit of a fixed feast that makes it relatively more expensive to buy just one metre of the cheaper product.

Deliver was prompt and I have the details of meshuk.co.uk in my preferred supplier list, along with JTWirecloth.com for stainless steel #8 mesh.

Latest posts

Back