Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow that looks great. I envy your greenhouse also :)
Not my greenhouse, it was one at the farm when Fiona bought it, it was probably 10x30 feet she also has three mahoosive polytunnels where my apiary there used to be sited. That greenhouse was not the best made one, bodged together from softwood and random aluminium greenhouse bits, it finally gave up the ghost winter 2020 and was demolished just before Christmas to make way for an artist's studio, so those hives are now here
fb3.jpgfb4.jpg

got my own 10x8 for a couple of pints years ago, was actually offered another one for nothing this week (but I turned down the offer) a really top quality greenhouse 12'x8', if someone doesn't come and take it this week, it's going in the skip unfortunately

Not my greenhouse, it was one at the farm when Fiona bought it, it was probably 10x30 feet she also has three mahoosive polytunnels where my apiary there used to be sited. That greenhouse was not the best made one, bodged together from softwood and random aluminium greenhouse bits, it finally gave up the ghost winter 2020 and was demolished just before Christmas to make way for an artist's studio, so those hives are now here
View attachment 30357View attachment 30358

got my own 10x8 for a couple of pints years ago, was actually offered another one for nothing this week (but I turned down the offer) a really top quality greenhouse 12'x8', if someone doesn't come and take it this week, it's going in the skip unfortunately
[/QUOS
seein

seeing your photos has given me an idea for if I do end up with more hives.
Great shame about the greenhouse though, surely someone local would want it.

Great shame about the greenhouse though, surely someone local would want it.
The words was put around. Gordon 'Bandy Bones' Jones, an ex neighbour has been contracted to clear the garden (I think) in readiness for a house sale and he's plastered it all over facebook in the hope that someone will take it apart from missing a pane or two of glass it's in superb nick

I've had at least three greenhouses from freecycle or freegle over the years, plus a load of glass too. If it were near me and no-one else would take it I'd probably feel compelled to go and pick it up just to stick it in a barn in case it came in useful later :)

James

Skip diving is also another really useful beekeeping skill. Off cuts of Insulation for hives, wood for stands. All helps to reduce costs. I recently rescued a piece of 6x2”, 2.5m long. It’s been turned into a hive stand for my new out apiary.

Attachments

• FC19DCA5-9F66-4532-A6B0-0AEF2B7021D1.jpeg
    FC19DCA5-9F66-4532-A6B0-0AEF2B7021D1.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 18
I've had at least three greenhouses from freecycle or freegle over the years, plus a load of glass too. If it were near me and no-one else would take it I'd probably feel compelled to go and pick it up just to stick it in a barn in case it came in useful later :)

James
Haha .... Just what I was thinking .... sadly the barn is full of things that might be useful later and it's a bit of a hike to Westish Wales ..

Haha .... Just what I was thinking .... sadly the barn is full of things that might be useful later and it's a bit of a hike to Westish Wales ..

Same here, though I have put a fair bit of effort recently into actually putting some of the stuff to use.

James

Skip diving is also another really useful beekeeping skill. Off cuts of Insulation for hives, wood for stands. All helps to reduce costs. I recently rescued a piece of 6x2”, 2.5m long. It’s been turned into a hive stand for my new out apiary.
Lovely site, Emily.

Back