New member here. Hiiiii *waves frantically*

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Redlan

New Bee
Reaction score
I hope everyone is having a great day and managing to enjoy some nice weather.
I am from Towcester in Northamptonshire and am busy leaning about keeping bees. Would LOVE some myself! I have family that have done and its kinda always been in m y want list.
Unfortunately where I currently am I cant have them but we may be moving hopefully fairly soon.
I'm also looking to pick up knowledge about growing my own foods but in small scale / in very raised situations since my back / hips are RUINED.
I'm a great fan of watching the local wildlife and as such have purposely left nearly my entire front garden to become a wild area to encourage LIFE! :)

Welcome Mike.
I hope you get some bees after a successful move.
Regarding growing your own, I’m pretty useless at it. (I should have listened to my Dad - he was excellent at it). Some folks excel at getting good harvests from small, often raised containers.
Good luck 👍

I hope everyone is having a great day and managing to enjoy some nice weather.
I am from Towcester in Northamptonshire and am busy leaning about keeping bees. Would LOVE some myself! I have family that have done and its kinda always been in m y want list.
Unfortunately where I currently am I cant have them but we may be moving hopefully fairly soon.
I'm also looking to pick up knowledge about growing my own foods but in small scale / in very raised situations since my back / hips are RUINED.
I'm a great fan of watching the local wildlife and as such have purposely left nearly my entire front garden to become a wild area to encourage LIFE! :)
Welcome to the asylum. When you get your bees I'd recommend you enlist a bee buddy with good joints and muscles. A super full of honey can be a real strain on your own. Various mechanical aids are marketed but those I've seen require a decent flat hard surface to wheel them about on. That point made it's a fascinating and absorbing obsession. (Hobby doesn't come close)☺️☺️☺️

Welcome to the asylum. When you get your bees I'd recommend you enlist a bee buddy with good joints and muscles. A super full of honey can be a real strain on your own. Various mechanical aids are marketed but those I've seen require a decent flat hard surface to wheel them about on. That point made it's a fascinating and absorbing obsession. (Hobby doesn't come close)☺️☺️☺️
Top plan there! Luckily I know a few bee keepers already and once moved will deffo bee enlisting occasional help👌🏽

Latest posts

Back