New Extractor - Ideas Please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haughton Honey

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Lots of Commercial hives.......
Folks

I'm looking at 'investing' in a new extractor in the next few weeks and I need something which is motorised and that can handle spinning something between 4 and 8 DN5 frames at a time...ideally a few more.

Any suggestions?

Happy to order from a reputable company abroad if necessary.

Thanks

I bought my extractor from maisemores in their sale. It will take normal super frames along with brood frames hope it helps as I dont know what the difference is in size to the frames you are using. I bought the 9 frame electric. It is a dream to use.

Reply from another thread: 1) spring time blue woodland flower 2) land with an upward slope all round 3) where they keep bees.

Were they no good? I reckon the 20 framer should be about the size drum you are looking for, but for DN5's that would mean at least a new cage.... Expensive!!!

3 frames tangentially is not difficult to source but you are looking for a radial machine, obviously. I am wondering how deeps stand up to extracting in a radial. There is likely a Langstroth commercial machine available from the Continental or US suppliers?

Regards, RAB

Surely you need a full commercial machine, Thomas Apiculture comes very highly recommended but expensive.
kev

Nice 20 frame model, but way beyond my pocket or accommodation I'm afraid.

drstitson

The particular model we have seen will only extract deeps in tangential mode. WPC would want to extract much more quickly than that, I think.

Regards, RAB

I've got a Thomas EuroMel 24 frame extractor. Its built like a tank, with a heavy duty stainless steel barrel. Should last for ages (it has a 3phase motor and inverter). The nice thing about it is it will extract just about everything (including I think 14*12's)...

Thanks for the responses folks.

RAB - I have a call in to 'them on t'hill'

I'll take a look at the Thomas extractors.

Cheers

Thanks for the responses folks.

RAB - I have a call in to 'them on t'hill'

I'll take a look at the Thomas extractors.

Cheers

<oops.....sorry......double post!>

Folks

I'm looking at 'investing' in a new extractor in the next few weeks and I need something which is motorised and that can handle spinning something between 4 and 8 DN5 frames at a time...ideally a few more.

Any suggestions?

Happy to order from a reputable company abroad if necessary.

Thanks

There is a radial extractor made in Bulgaria. Accommodates 24 langstroth frames (or 12 deep MD and 12 shallow MD frames). It is very simplistic made( i bet you haven't seen such primitive device), but it is very cheap and effective. It costs around 500 euro with the delivery within Bulgaria.

http://www.centrofugi.com/

Galin Ganev
tel: 088 779 75 42
e-mail:[email protected]

Like Monsieur Abeille I have one from Agri Nova. More than pleased. I believe they will make cages to your individual requirements. Clive at Agri Nova is very good. I cannot fault his service

Hope there good ive ordered one from him. Gonna ring me when he next gets some in stock

Like Monsieur Abeille I have one from Agri Nova. More than pleased. I believe they will make cages to your individual requirements. Clive at Agri Nova is very good. I cannot fault his service

Drex - I think the cages they make up are the two tangentals, and the main radial is limited to SNs - not really suitable for WPC's needs. Quite possibly do something bigger though, I dont have the catalogue to check.

Latest posts

Back