New book from IBRA: Plants for Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanBee

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
The International Bee Research Association (IBRA) will be publishing a new book called Plants for Bees in August of this year.

bookcover.jpg

This is a comprehensive update of FN Howes' authoritative text, Plants and Beekeeping, significantly expanded to include plants of importance to bumble bees and solitary bees in addition to honey bees, and now detailing over 300 species of plants valuable to all types of bees.

The new book has been compiled by a team of experts, led by Dr. William Kirk, and includes new chapters and contributions from: Dr. William Kirk, Norman Carreck, Dr. David Aston, Sally Bucknall, Jane Stout, and Chris O'Toole. It is a hardback book, with over 300 pages, and high-quality colour photographs throughout.

For more details, and to pre-order (with a 20% discount for IBRA members), please visit the IBRA website.

Founded in 1949, the International Bee Research Association (IBRA) is a not for profit organisation. It is funded from the generosity of our members and supporters, and by donations and legacies.

IBRA is run by a small team of dedicated staff and an international board of Trustees. In summary we collect, collate and disseminate information on all species of bees. We are a publishing house, producing a varied and extensive selection of bee publications:
  • Journal of Apicultural Research - Award winning and scientifically acclaimed
  • Bee World - the international link between beekeeping science and practice
  • Books - covering all aspects of bee science, history, and beekeeping
  • Leaflets and cards - providing information in a practical format

Just a quick follow-up: I have now received my pre-ordered copy and it is as good as I had hoped for, both in content and presentation.

I understand that the IBRA bookshop sold out of this within an hour at the Scottish Beekeepers Association conference last month!

Further details and ordering at the IBRA website.

Alternatively, the IBRA bookshop will be at the National Honey Show at the end of this month, apparently with plenty of stock :)

Latest posts

Back