New book,by John Harding.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had always thought that dowsing was a gift only for some (the forked hazel twig attempts were a failure in my youth). But when I tried bent coat hangers through pen barrels, I was heartened, but not sure until I walked very slowly down a hospital corridor (no draughts, empty and totally flat) and found the drains. Now it seems simple.
I was a total sceptic too, but the bent coathangers work for me as well. I've also used a pendulum and found not only pipes buried in the walls but also power cables that shouldn't be there.
I am not really interested in "proving" how dowsing works I am happy to accept that it just "is".
I'm happy to accept the "evidence" of my own experience and leave it at that.

:iagree:

I think I am going to get this book despite not many people reporting the same findings apart from bits of wire doing strange things but the bent wire bit may be fun thing to try. There is a big thread running on the bio bees forum about this book and the odd thing is he is getting a harder time over there than this place and perhaps down to server location.

I've been using his methods and not had to treat any of my colonies that are placed on areas of 'high vibrations' for three years . A couple that have ended up in wrong places for various reasons (this last year) did need treating, they will be moved soon.

Varroa counts have not reached more than 6 at anyone one time, using icing sugar dusting. I do use drone culling to a certain extent, especially the colonies that I'm not that impressed with before requeening. Almost no varroa found in 14 of my 16 colonies. Over the last 3 years I've lost only 2 colonies over winter (2012/2013) both to DLQ.

I've been using his methods and not had to treat any of my colonies that are placed on areas of 'high vibrations' for three years . A couple that have ended up in wrong places for various reasons (this last year) did need treating, they will be moved soon.

Varroa counts have not reached more than 6 at anyone one time, using icing sugar dusting. I do use drone culling to a certain extent, especially the colonies that I'm not that impressed with before requeening. Almost no varroa found in 14 of my 16 colonies. Over the last 3 years I've lost only 2 colonies over winter (2012/2013) both to DLQ.

Wow ... that's a testimonial and a half ... brilliant results !

I think I am going to get this book despite not many people reporting the same findings apart from bits of wire doing strange things but the bent wire bit may be fun thing to try. There is a big thread running on the bio bees forum about this book and the odd thing is he is getting a harder time over there than this place and perhaps down to server location.

It's an interesting read ... badly edited with some rather poor English and grammar, the copy I had was all over the place with the layout as well although I understand some later editions have been tidied up a little. I found I had to read some passages several times to get the gist of what he was saying but it's worth a look - possibly not one you will keep on your shelf once you have got out of it everything you feel comfortable with. I passed my copy on to someone else after I'd read through a few times and understood what John was on about.

It's a pretty simple philosophy once you get your head round it and no cost to try it ... real no brainer.

still not proven it exists (by whatever cause)... I file it under the same category as homeopathy i.e. interesting behaviour where persons seek to find causality and pattern in random events.

Last edited:
still not proven it exists (by whatever cause)... I file it under the same category as homeopathy i.e. interesting behaviour where persons seek to find causality and pattern in random events.

Hi Derek, is it true that you are doing the South Hants Bee Convention as the warm up man for a bloke who hangs crystals over his hives to improve his bees survival ability ? :icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

I'm looking forward to seeing you perform again - already booked my place ... worth the £12 for you alone on 9th March !

still not proven it exists (by whatever cause)... I file it under the same category as homeopathy i.e. Interesting behaviour where persons seek to find causality and pattern in random events.

+1,000,000,000,000,000

Are there many others who have tried this on the forum?

Back