New Beekeeping Vehicle Must Have

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
30+
IMG_1019[1].JPG
I thought this was an upmarket Unimog. Turns out it is a custom-made hybrid from a sprinter van body combined with heavy-duty off-road Icelandic pick up mechanics, plus pneumatic suspension. Mainly used to take people up to and around the glaciers but will pretty much go anywhere. Cost - 'expensive'

I saw loads of these "built up" vehicles in Iceland when I walked across it all a few years ago, the sprinter was one of the most memorable, seeing a vehicle with massive wheels barrelling towards you and then seeing it started life as a sprinter van - amazing!
Got to love the Icelanders! Great people 👍

I just saw the latest Merc electric Gwagon starts at £180K.

The Mercedes G-Class Electric is spacious, great to drive around town and fantastic off road – but it is very expensive and can’t tow

Seriously?

View attachment 41396
I thought this was an upmarket Unimog. Turns out it is a custom-made hybrid from a sprinter van body combined with heavy-duty off-road Icelandic pick up mechanics, plus pneumatic suspension. Mainly used to take people up to and around the glaciers but will pretty much go anywhere. Cost - 'expensive'
Everything in Iceland seems expensive.🤔 Especially when food is demanded. My Icelandic horses used to come and stare through the blinds in the kitchen window at tea time.

Attachments

• DSC_0063.jpg
    DSC_0063.jpg
    669.2 KB
Everything in Iceland seems expensive.🤔 Especially when food is demanded. My Icelandic horses used to come and stare through the blinds in the kitchen window at tea time.
Beautiful country but the only cheap things in Iceland are fish and energy!

Most cars/vans seem to be hideously expensive these days, never mind specially modified ones. Our Octavia is in its death throes and we need to replace it fairly urgently thanks in part to me putting off buying another vehicle for as long as possible, but the prices of used cars are crazy compared with when we bought the Skoda ten years ago. And if you buy an "old banger" you still lose out because the insurance on cars 15+ years old seems to be noticeably more than newer ones, I assume because the drivers are considered more likely to be involved in an accident.

James