New Aberdeenshire beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debrastorr

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi
I am fortunate enough to have just fetched a hive of bees. 2012 queen with stores and brood across 11 frames - not full but getting there.
These are my first bees.
So wish me luck.
My woodland is currently full of wild garlic - I hope the girls get a taste for it rather than the oilseed rape to the north of me.

Hi
I am fortunate enough to have just fetched a hive of bees. 2012 queen with stores and brood across 11 frames - not full but getting there.
These are my first bees.
So wish me luck.
My woodland is currently full of wild garlic - I hope the girls get a taste for it rather than the oilseed rape to the north of me.

Rape is nice honey. And plentiful, to boot, when in flow.

:party:
Hi
These are my first bees.
So wish me luck.

Welcome to the party. You are fortunate indeed to have bees, I am still trying to get my hands on some but so far still in the queue ;-)

:welcome:

Aberdeenshire is a lovely county: if you ignore the winters :)..

(ex Banffshire myself)

Hello, welcome, I am also in Aberdeenshire and this too is my first season, having just got my bees in mid April they have swarmed already, luckily I managed to catch them so now have two colonies. Steep learning curve continues but all very exciting . Oh and my first sting on the leg. All good fun though. Good luck.

When I was a lad, a tiny wee lad
My mother said to me
Come see the Northern Lights my boy
They' re bright as they can be
She called them the heavenly dancers
Merry dancers in the sky
I'll never forget, that wonderful sight
They made the heavens bright

The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen
Mean home sweet home to me
The Northern Lights of old Aberdeen
Are what I long to see
I’ve been a wanderer all of my life
Any many a sight I've seen
God speed the day when l' m on my way
To my home in Aberdeen

I've wandered in many far-off lands
And travelled many a mile
I've missed the folk I cherished most
The joy of a friendly smile
It warms up the heart of a wand'rer
The clasp of a welcoming hand
To greet me when, I return
Home to my native land

Aye me tae, I miss being back hame

Hello and welcome to the wonderful and strange world of beekeeping where there are no correct answers just opinions... well the bees know what theyre doing we just have to help keep them alive.

Good luck
Happy beekeeping

Latest posts

Back