New member intro

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issy.harvey

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi,
I began beekeeping about 5 years ago. Still very confused (my bees have not read the same books as me) and I'm more observing and learning than 'managing'. I did a bee basic course but have not had a mentor. I use National hives. I currently have 2 colonies both with last years queens altho one swarmed in May - healthy number of bees left behind - and I'm waiting to see if the virgin queens mated. The other was expanding rapidly in May so not wanting it to get over-crowded and then also swarm I added a second brood box as a preventative measure (see post) but the bees have now made it their own with comb connecting the 2 together.

Hi,
I began beekeeping about 5 years ago. Still very confused (my bees have not read the same books as me) and I'm more observing and learning than 'managing'. I did a bee basic course but have not had a mentor. I use National hives. I currently have 2 colonies both with last years queens altho one swarmed in May - healthy number of bees left behind - and I'm waiting to see if the virgin queens mated. The other was expanding rapidly in May so not wanting it to get over-crowded and then also swarm I added a second brood box as a preventative measure (see post) but the bees have now made it their own with comb connecting the 2 together.
Welcome, read my answer in your other post. Go to the blog page on this site and filter using Enrico. There are some hints on there that may or may not be if any use to you.

Back