Networking, Jam Jars and Buckets on a bicycle

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
many thanks for the offer i will hold you to it,

i have started to form a network of people and there usefullness to me , daft as it sounds i have one masive one for work but in any other form of network i have none, where many people can collate these from the friends and staff at work i cant as most people i meet are only on site for a few days so it does not work, i will try to use freecycle as i am geting fed up again of the people on freegle.

the tip at staratford on avon has a building on the site which is run by stratford hospice , basicly when you go to the tip if you think some one could use it , you drop it off there for them, they then sell it as is , as it were, some things do get cleaned up a little but very little, as an exsample bikes dont get mended when they come in with punctures or broken chains, any thing that has been in there to long gets skipped to allow more space for others to use, most things are pence or a few quid and its great to keep things turning over and the hospice make a few quid.

every where in brum its a shooting offenece to try to withdraw from a glass bank, i was for ever taking out grolch bottles from our local wheelie bin glass skip untill they scraped the bin off.

I also used to cycle to a place of work last year and every friday morning i had to slowly cycle past 150 house recycling boxes and i could collect beer bottles and jars, but everyone has big bins with lids and i cant see anything , also people now just throw the lot in as they get it emptied so i cant find a box of jam jars with lids on there own any more

Pete not sure what you want the buckets for, but, suprisingly rat bait in large white buckets is usually food grade plastic! Dont ask me why but it is! often the bait is inside bags within the bucket so no contact, but even if not bait is dyed red or blue and buckets come up clean without leaving a trace of colour. Might be worth contacting a local pestie??

Hi Pete,
I've been collecting for you all week, the boys have agreed to drop it to you on Tuesday 17th April, before they go to the concert in Wolverhampton.
So far you can expect five small lidded buckets (ex bird fat balls, about a gallon capacity) about 30 beer bottles, 1 champagne and 4 wine bottles, 6 various sized jars. But there's still a few days to go so should be more.:D

PM me your postcode & house number or details of alternative drop place (the boys use satnav)

Pete not sure what you want the buckets for, but, suprisingly rat bait in large white buckets is usually food grade plastic! Dont ask me why but it is! often the bait is inside bags within the bucket so no contact, but even if not bait is dyed red or blue and buckets come up clean without leaving a trace of colour. Might be worth contacting a local pestie??

All plastic buckets are now food grade, that's why. Maybe other stuff as well. I suppose it's cheaper to make everything in slightly more expensive base than two different varieties.

Frisbee

Latest posts

Back