Nectar coming in

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are filling their boxes with nectar, i think from williow

Lots and lots of bright yellow pollen here.. and some nectar. Must be willow as the dandelions are hardly open.

A change from this time last year (snow and frost)- this time we have only had light frosts..

Lots and lots of bright yellow pollen here.. and some nectar. Must be willow as the dandelions are hardly open.

A change from this time last year (snow and frost)- this time we have only had light frosts..

I haven't been around during the day to see what they are bringing in but there's a lot of willow in bloom around me. The colony temp is up in the mid twenties (morning and night) and the humidity in the hive is the highest I've seen it since last summer so I very much expect that mine have found a nectar source as well.

There's a lot of Blackthorn and Magnolias in flower around me as well ...not sure whether these are bee shrubs ... loads of blossom on them this year.

Hi Davea,
Not a million miles from you and the same here. Willow, prunus and blackthorn.

Had a quick look at some of mine that are filling up with nectar today and they are starting to cap it !

Had a quick look at some of mine that are filling up with nectar today and they are starting to cap it !

Wax scales on the varroa trays ( having a count) and additional weight would indicate same here.
Cazza

I had to treat my hives last week and there was loads of necter in there.

Latest posts

Back