NBU annual hive census

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenkinsbrynmair

International Beekeeper of Mystery
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
It's that time of year again, I received my email this morning, so time to update your Beebase hive records then submit your census.
I would usually say that this is the one time of the year my records are up to date, but this year I've been pretty good. Updated them all late spring to look tidy for my DASH training, then they were updated by the SBI as she was doing the base level Bench marking, but they still needed correcting now that they are all put away for winter/some colonies united/some shaken out.

Ha, ha records up to date, it’s been a mad season and new job with different shifts has made it entertaining at best. Also picked up a fair few swarms this season.
So sat down to fill in my census and couldn’t for the life of me remember how many colonies I had at one of my apiaries. Quick drive out & count was needed lol
All done now though - 21 colonies in total going into winter

Tried to log on but it wouldn't except either of my two email addresses, however I got an email at both addresses to say that neither was registered with them, oddly they sent me an email at one of the addresses in the first place to say that it was time for the annual count. I just can't be bothered to register again!

Had similar experience of it not letting me into the hive count despite going through a password reset to login in the first place it just kept circling back to the previous screen when clicked on the hive count link. May try again on a different web browser later.

When you put your address onto Beebase, should it be the address of the apiary or my home address? I put home address but then it shows that as being where the apiary is. Also, the same question regarding honey jar labels. Home address or apiary? It’s a bit awkward as my apiary is in a different county even though it’s just a few miles from my home.

When you put your address onto Beebase, should it be the address of the apiary or my home address? I put home address but then it shows that as being where the apiary is. Also, the same question regarding honey jar labels. Home address or apiary? It’s a bit awkward as my apiary is in a different county even though it’s just a few miles from my home.
your home address to register (same for labels) then when you are registered each individual apiary's actual location (O/S reference) will need to be recorded on beebase

Thanks everyone - Google Earth it is! Also, because the apiary is in a different county to my home address, presumably when/if I need to contact the SBI would I contact the one for the apiary address?

presumably when/if I need to contact the SBI would I contact the one for the apiary address?
Yes, although you will find there is a bit of flexibility in their 'patches' when beekeepers are near/cross over the boundary

Latest posts

Back