my new toy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screwfix were clearing out bandsaw blades just recently. Ones that had sold for £6+, at £1.99 each, so I bought six. It doesn't do not to have a spare to hand.

I gather that most engineers got to fix blades and then grind the weld/brazed joint to put a blade back in service. I didn't know that industrial machines had a welder as part of the kit, but it does suggest that blades are commodity items.

Screwfix were clearing out bandsaw blades just recently. Ones that had sold for £6+, at £1.99 each, so I bought six. It doesn't do not to have a spare to hand.

I gather that most engineers got to fix blades and then grind the weld/brazed joint to put a blade back in service. I didn't know that industrial machines had a welder as part of the kit, but it does suggest that blades are commodity items.
The blades are bought in to engineering shops as a continuous strip .
An industrial band saw has a welding device attached ! it's a simple transformer with a vice attached , both ends of the blade are brought together by depressing a lever , as the two edges touch an instant weld occurs , also incorporated is an annealing facility . A skilled operator can crop, weld anneal and fettle a blade in less than a minute , it was considered part of the job , no maintenance personnel required :hurray:

John Wilkinson

My new blades are here,what a difference
They make.I have been playing all afternoon
With it :)

Latest posts

Back