Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

Poly Hive 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
14C here and I haven't checked the apiary the last two days as the vandal cattle are now safely mewed up in the cattle courts. The day after my operation the sods broke the fence down for the grass on the apiary side. Thankfully the farm rallied round and put it to rights for me. Last time I looked though the tan backs were obvious so they are getting plenty from that.

PH

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Yes, long may it continue, much to my surprise really, mine were still finding good pollen a couple of days ago before the rain came.

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
My bees don’t. Cloudy and very little flying here.
Yes you have had a rough spell, we've had some better than expected days over here. The sun even poked its face out for an hour or two late morning today as the wind abated a little - different story now though.

tonyofarr 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Overwhelming smell of ivy coming from the hives and tons of yellow pollen :party-smiley-050: .

The bees were actually bearding under the hives in the home apiary yesterday afternoon, its a shame it cools down so early in the evening.

The Poot 

Field Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Only 2 now
Same here Enrico, I’ve not seen this much pollen go in at this time of year before. The bees are tumbling over one another at the reduced entrances - it’s quite comical

philipm 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
Bees bringing in loads of ivy pollen today 2 out of 3 hives taking feed though, still some way to go before they are ready for winter.

Simon88 

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
My hive still has loads of bees in. I have been feeding syrup for the past few weeks. Will they start to reduce in numbers? Surly the syrup will not last long with this many bee's still going?

Attachments

Anduril 

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
20+
I had one of the farmers on the phone, the horse owners in his stables, thought there was a swarm in the ivy. Lovely smell coming out of the hives, along with plenty of pollen.

Latest posts